Ch. 12 Dates and Dwindling

Hope y'all like it!

And if anyone could make a cover for it that would be awesome! I will dedicate a chapter to you!

Ch. 12

Dates and Dwindling

Justin Bieber

What the fuck was wrong with me lately?

Why was I being so damn tense about every single fucking thing that went on in my life?

I’m surprised Mandy hasn’t gotten more pissed at me than she has within the past few weeks, considering I’ve been acting like a goddamn jerkoff.

First, pulling that Harry Styles kid aside to tell him off just for looking at Mandy and seeming flirty from afar, then bitching at Mandy about One Direction in general, and finally acting like fucking Loser Boy, getting all interrogative about her text and why she was hanging around the real Loser Boy at Vitavicci’s.

It’s official.

I’d practically gone off the deep end.

I guess I could partly blame the attitude on all this stress and shit I’ve been experiencing lately in relation to Aubrey and the issues I’ve been having with her concerning a baby I may or may not have fathered.

No big deal or anything.

My life has been one whirlwind of drama and anxiety for the past eight months and I was about fucking ready to have it all be over with.

But, of course, nothing could be over until after the results of the paternity test came back, and as of right now, it could be ages until that moment comes.

Looks like I’m stuck with the stress and shit for another week or two - and, if all goes horribly un-according to plan...the stress and shit is most likely going to be permanent.

I feel like I’m going to explode.

Nothing I say or do lately seems to come from...well...me.

It’s all shaped by this obnoxiously thick swirling layer of tension and anxiety I’ve been placed under, and it’s been practically tearing my insides apart for the past few months.

I’m just ready for the test results to come back so all the waiting and frustration and uncertainty will be over.

So we can all rise up out of this realm of unknown.

But...I guess at the same time...I’m terrified of those test results.

Because as much as I think Aubrey’s bullshitting, a tiny portion of me can’t help but feel like maybe - just maybe...

She isn’t.

I let out an exhale, quickly working an unreadable expression atop my face as I slammed my locker door shut, turning to shoot a smile at Mandy as she walked towards me.

She looked extra beautiful today.

Her face was glowing, and her hands were swinging at her sides, dark-wash skinny jeans adorning her legs as a pink cashmere sweater I’d bought her covered her torso.

“Hey babe,” I stated, pulling her towards me to plant a kiss atop her lips.

She smiled at me, pulling apart and reaching to grab ahold of my hands. “Hey,” She murmured breathlessly in reply.