Ch. 17 Daze of Our Lives

heres the real chapter 17 thanks abbeylilac14 for pointing out i uploaded chapter 16 twice!

Ch. 17

Daze of Our Lives

I could barely move, think, or even really function at all.

I was too in shock over what was happening.

Logan broke his lips apart from mine, grinning broadly at me as he set me gently back down on the ground, his arms still wrapped firmly around my waist. His eyes were twinkling as his chest rose and fell, his hair plastered to his forehead and his uniform shimmering in the bright gymnasium lights. 

People were screaming, shrieking, going hoarse as they made a big fuss out of something I could vaguely contemplate at the moment.

In fact, I could barely even register what had gone on all evening.

All I could do was stand there with my feet practically glued to the floor, my body frozen stiff as I stared with wide eyes at Logan Hayward’s grinning face.

He licked his lips, his fingers gently massaging themselves into the small of my back.

This had to be someone’s idea of a sick joke.

Or a dream.

Or some strange hallucination.

Or...or something.

There was no way Logan Hayward had just full-on French kissed me in front of the entire school, many of whom were undoubtedly still watching us, gossiping about the scandalous event they’d just witnessed firsthand.

Why wasn’t I moving?

“Wow,” Logan uttered in a single breath, his lips forming a dimpled smirk as he continued to gaze down at me, something like wonder emanating from his eyes. “That was...”

Mandy!” I heard someone shriek, preventing me from finding out what exactly that kiss had been for Logan. Within moments, Natasha had grabbed ahold of my elbow, yanking me out of Logan’s arms and over towards where she was standing.

The expression on her face was thunderous, portraying a mixture of confusion, shock, and repulsion. 

My mind was racing, fighting with all its might to wrap a sheaf of understanding around the entire contents of the past five minutes.

What the hell just happened?” Natasha shrieked, forced to yell over the roar of noise that filled the gym.

I shook my head, opening and closing my jaw in an attempts to articulate the absolute bewilderment that was racing through my own mind.

“I don’t know.” I admitted finally, my voice shaking from the nerves and anxiety that were rippling through my body. “I really don’t.”

“Mandy, wait-” I heard a sultry voice utter behind me, no doubt belonging to Logan.

Don’t!” Natasha yelled, pointing a finger at him threateningly and narrowing her eyes. “Leave her the hell alone!”

Understanding that I had absolutely no capacity for this situation at the current moment, I shook my head, unable to turn around and see what emotion Logan was conveying.

Not wanting to deal with him or what had just happened any longer, I plunged forwards into the crowd of cheerleaders and basketball players on the side of the court, pulling away from both Logan and Natasha and hurrying off in the direction of the exit.