Epilogue

Epilogue

Four months later...

“Well,” I commented bracingly, blinking. “That’s it.”

“Yeah.” Justin’s raspy voice murmured from behind me. “That’s it.”

I turned slowly to face him, pressing my lips together as tight as they would go as shocks of emotions riveted through my body.

“I, um, I’m not very good at these sorts of things.” I admitted in a mumble, staring down at the ground awkwardly.

Justin gave a small chuckle. “I’m not either,” He replied, shrugging. “Good-byes are fucking horrible.”

“Hey,” I murmured, nudging him gently. “You should at least be used to them. You’re the one who’s always jetting off to the States for all your celebrity things, after all.” I managed a playful grin, which he responded to with a cheeky smirk.

“Yeah, but those are never for...” His voice suddenly faded, his smirk falling into a frown as the solemn seriousness of the situation seemed to hit him.

“Five months.” I finished for him in a whisper, nodding my head and swallowing.

He stared at me for a moment, his large brown eyes searching my face as if delving out every emotion I was experiencing. I saw a mixture of sadness, aggravation, and refusal pass through his own face at once, emanating from every inch of his skin.

Slowly, he shook his head. “It’s not gonna be five months.” He promised. “We already talked about this down in the Bahamas, babe. You’re crazyif you think I’d let you go through an entire first semester at college without coming to visit.” He raised his eyebrows challengingly. “Gotta keep those horny frat boys away from you, we both know they’re gonna be tempted.”

I giggled.

He bit his lip in that adorable habit of his, the shadow of a smirk reappearing across his lips. “Really, though,” He continued. “I’ll definitely be out to visit, and I’m gonna force you to leave that goddamn campus at least once in the next semester - either to visit me in Stratford, or come out to the States with me once I start touring.”

I nodded my head. “Yeah, okay.”

“We talked about this fifty fucking times, Mandy.” Justin stated, laughing. “I can’t believe you’re seriously acting like you’ve forgotten it.”

“No, it’s not that,” I replied, giggling. “I just...I’m in the midst of an emotional crisis, okay? You can’t blame me for getting weird and paranoid and awkward!”

“Oh, you mean like how you always are?” Justin asked, staring at me with a perfectly solemn expression on his face.

I reached forwards and smacked him.

He burst out laughing, reaching down to grasp ahold of my hands so he could lean in and kiss me.

“I can’t believe you’re going on tour in October.” I stated grumpily.

“And can’t believe you’re going to university.”

“You sound like a mushy mother.”

“So do you.”

I crossed my arms and shot him a glare. “I wasn’t being mom-like.” I defended myself. “A worldwide tour to promote your new album are pretty damn cool. I was just saying I can’t believe it because you haven’t been on tour in a long time.”