Chapter 1 *Edited*

I shifted gears and felt my vehicle pick up more speed as I crossed the finish line. I slowed down and turned around drove back to the start to see a crowd waiting for me, cheering and jumping in excitement. That adrenaline still rushing through my body like a hurricane.

I parked and got out of my car to be welcomed by cheers making me smile. It never got old for me, which I was happy about because I have been racing for 5 years now. I walked to the organizer who gave me my winnings and I decided to head home.

This has been my life since I left the U.S to travel and I found myself in love with London. I decided to stay here and just race for a living which was a great job and paid well. I also gained the accent and I loved it, definitely preferred it over American. It made me felt included and not foreign to the beautiful country.

My brother Luke would sometimes come down to visit which was great seeing him. He was my older brother and tried getting me to join his task force, but I put it down. He taught me at a young age how to fight and use guns which I have been able to protect myself. I also was in a spec ops force for a good 2 years before leaving which gave me extra skills to use. But I needed time away from service to just let loose and be myself. Even if it turned into me being a criminal and breaking the law. Something I very much was doing every night.

After the race, I started on my way home. The streetlights and people walking down the streets brought a smile to my face. Sure, when I lived back in the U.S, the city's were nice and all. But nothing could ever beat London. Something about it was different and I liked different. I arrived at my house and pulled into my garage and parked. I shut off my car and got out.

I drove a 1973 Dodge Charger and it was my baby. I got it after I stole it and customized it to the fullest extent. Changed the plates and everything making sure it wouldn't be tracked. And if I was being honest, I had planned on stealing it weeks ahead of doing it. So, I had the entire plan in my head.

I walked into my house and put my keys down and money on the table right by the door. I kicked my combat boots off and locked the front door. I flipped the light switch and walked through the living room to the kitchen. I turned the kitchen light on to have Luke standing there in the dark which scared me. I screamed in surprise and he chuckled at his success with scaring me.

"Holy shit! Luke!" I exclaimed at him as I held a hand over my chest. Luke laughed with a large grin on his face. "Hey Nicole," He said walking over hugging me. I hugged him then pulled back and hopped up on the counter and sat down.

"I could've killed you." I huffed as Luke pursed his lips in uncertainty. "Doubtful, but I won't stop you from dreaming." He teased, earning a kick in the leg that made him laugh. "So why are you here?" I asked and he sighed.

"I need you for a job. I know you're a racer and you probably know the streets better than anyone I know." He informed me and I nodded. He handed me a file and I took it and opened it. There were pictures of army trucks and other vehicles destroyed.

"1 week ago, a team of highly coordinated drivers took out an entire military convoy. Now we found out it was a man who goes by Owen Shaw and his crew listed in there." He said and I looked at the pictures of each target. "What other info do we have on Owen?" I asked looking up from the folder to Luke.

"He was former spec ops soldier and for years he's been running jobs in Europe. But these recent ones have been a whole new thing. Now, this sum bitch needs to go down and your one of the only people I trust." Luke explained and I nodded in thought.

This Owen Shaw sounded familiar but I couldn't remember from what. I have been known to have shit memory but this kept bugging me. I feel like I knew someone with that last name of Shaw but wasn't able to put my finger on it.