Chapter 3: Curiosity killed the Cat

I searched the hallways the rest of the day trying to find those 2 familiar faces.

One face that I dreaded seeing, and the other one I was hoping to see.

The rest of the day I was in a state of shock. I barely said 2 words.

I just felt so violated. I never would have thought that Shawn would have taken it that far. If it wasn’t for Aiden I don’t know what would have happened to me.

When the last bell rang I was finally free.

I ignored the questioning stares and quickly ran through the crowded halls out the doors, and to Jay’s car.

I knew Jay knew something was wrong as soon as he saw me come back to class. I don’t know if it’s a twin thing or a sibling’s thing but we always could tell when something was wrong with the other, it was like an instinct.

The whole way home I expected Jay to question me but I was thankful that he didn’t push the issue.

I don’t know why this was taking such a toll on me, but it was.

I feel scared, alone, lost, and so many other emotions.

How am I supposed to react when I see him again? What if he tries to hurt me again?

So many questions were filling my brain and I just wanted to forget about everything.

As soon as we got home I ran up to my room to lay down.

I just wanted to forget everything…I needed to forget.

I kept thinking about Aiden.

All I wanted to do was crawl up on his lap and cry till I couldn’t cry anymore.

I laid my head on my pillow and let the tears fall down my cheek as I stared out the window thinking about everything that was going on.

“Hey sis, can I come in?” I heard Jay say from outside my door.

“Uhmm, hold on.” I said as I quickly sat up rubbing my eyes with my hands trying to remove any trace of tears from my face.

“Yeah come in.” I said when I got myself together.

He opened the door and he looked at me with a sad smile on his face. It was stupid of me to even think that I could hide something from him.

“Listen I just wanted to tell you that you know you could always talk to me no matter what. I love you and if someone or something’s bothering you, I need you to tell me.” He said as he sat on the edge of my bed.

“I know Jay, but im fine. Really.” I said in my most convincing voice possible.