Chapter 19: Aiden vs the Alter Ego (Part 2)

{A/N} OMG i want to say thank you to all the people who commented with amazing songs that helped me finally update this chapter, but I want to thank 2 people who commented or messaged me with the perfect song that describes Aidens constant inner struggle, its DEMONS BY IMAGINE DRAGONS (sorry forgot that) but you should deff. listen to it to understand more about Aiden  @BrittanyBear279 & @halle_keith<3 so thank you again....

you should definitely listen to it to understand how Aidens feeling, its over there----> 

Again all of your songs were great and if i didnt mention them now then that means ill most likely be using them to help me with the next few chapter so thank you againnnn so so so so so much! 

If you know of any songs that remind you of the story or any of the characters let me know:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You want to talk, let's talk,” she said and the only sound that I could hear was the sound of my heart beating against my chest...

The thoughts that consumed me were driving me crazy, it was a war between my head and my heart, what I wanted to do and what I needed to do...but was this the moment that it all comes out?

***

As I stood there in front of Aiden my heart beat rapidly against my chest. It was as if there was a war going on in my head and my heart, between my alter ego and me…and it was killing me.

All I wanted to do was let all the tears and pain out and hold Aiden so tight and never let go…but I knew I couldn’t, I knew that would ruin it all.

"You want to talk, let's talk..." I said as I tried to push all of the memories and thoughts of Aiden far away.

I tired to think of him as an asshole that was just looking to hurt me again…

“Hailie…” he said as he shook his head.

“What’re you even doing here?” he asked in a calm concerned voice that almost reminded me of the person he used to be…almost.

“Always so predictable, asking the same questions Aiden…” I said as I tried to muster all the characters of my alter ego that I possessed so confidently not to long ago.

“Well I was having an amazing time up until 5 minutes ago…” I said as I leaned against the cold hard brick wall as I watched him nod slowly.

“Doing what Hay? Dancing on the pole like some slut? That isn’t you at all…” he said in the same familiar tone that sent chills throughout my body.

“How do you even know who I am at this point? You’ve made it pretty clear that you couldn’t care less about me…”I said and he nodded slowly in understanding.

“You're right, maybe you should go back,” he said and I nodded trying to ignore the disappointment stirring deep within my chest as I turned to lave.

Just as my hand was on the door handled I heard Aiden call my name.

“You shouldn’t be at a place like this…especially with a guy like Dom, he isn’t who you think he is…” he said just as I turned my head to look back at him.

I couldn’t believe he was saying this it was driving me insane. Just hearing his familiar warm voice made my heart burst…

“What the hell are you doing Aiden?” I asked with as much disgust as I could muster up as he looked at me puzzled.