Chapter 18: Aiden vs. the Alter Ego (Part 1)

{A/N} I want to thank everyone who commented with a song I listened to every single song & they really helped me with this chapter but I want to thank& dedicate this chapter to @baser22 for all the songs that you commented they were really great and helped me a lot, i really loved Arms by Christina Perri that I think is going to be my inspiration for another chapteer:D But I postedd Weak in the Knees by Serena Ryder over there cause it really reminds me of how Hailies feeling right now about Aiden so you should listen to it--->

If i didnt mention your songs its probably because i'm going to use it for another chapter so dont worry youre not forgotten :D

If you know any songs that relate to this story or any of the characters comment & let me know- music really helps me & inspires me with my chapters:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

As I sat in the chair while Ellie curled my long dark hair I thought about all the possible situations I was getting myself into tonight.

I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to pull this off, the same way I felt the night I went to the warehouse to see the fight but worse. I felt like tonight I was going to see Aiden as a totally different person.

Dom said he was going for 'fun', which meant whatever he was doing tonight he was doing it to enjoy himself...and it terrified me.

"Thanks again for helping me with my hair and makeup, and for coming tonight. Just knowing that you'll be my side makes me feel better." I said to Ellie and it was true.

As nervous as I felt I still felt better knowing that Ellie was going to help me through it. Of course Dom would be there but Ellie's going to help me put on the best performance of my life, whatever that meant.

"No problem babe, I told you I love a good party." She said with a smile.

"Ya know Hailie is it just me or is that big camera of yours gathering dust over there?" she said as she gestured to my bedside table where my camera sat.

"Well, I've been really busy lately." I said as I fidgeted with my hands in my lap nervously.

"Mhmm..." she said knowingly.

"Are you going to tell me the real reason?" she asked as she continued to my curl my hair.

I let out a sigh as I bit my bottom lip nervously.

"Well, to be honest photography used to be such a big part of my lip before I came home. I never left my house without my camera, and I could never be somewhere and not take a picture." I said thinking about a time where I was truly happy with my life.

"I used to think that taking a picture is like saving a memory that you want to cherish forever." I continued.

"But ever since I came home there haven't been any memories that I wanted to remember. To be honest I feel like if I take any pictures it makes this all to real..." I said.

"But babe it is real, and the more you admit it the easier it gets. You don't have to think of it as saving a memory you want to forget, think of it as something entirely different. Like saving a piece of time where you went through something extremely difficult, but something that made you strong, that made you who you are today." She said and I nodded slowly with understanding.

"A big part of tattooing is art, that's why I got interested in the business because I loved to draw. Not because I was good at it but because it helped me get through so many things, it was like an outlet for me. You can't tell me that photography wasn't the same thing for you..." she said.