Chapter 32

Jasmine's P.O.V

The door gently closed as my mom stepped out. There goes my new mommy, I thought to myself.

Now to my guardian angel.

"So you saved my life? Why am I not surprised?" I said to Alexander. I smiled warmly at him. He blushed and flipped his hair out of his eyes as he smiled back, his lip piercing glinting in the light. I loved it when he flipped his hair...

He walked over and sat on the edge of my bed, grabbing my hand in the process. His smile faded a bit.

"I thought you were dead...when I arrived. It was horrible.... I never thought the pain would be so..." he broke off, his eyes closing.

"Don't ever leave me like that again, Jasmine. I know it wasn't your fault...but these past two weeks have been unbearable."

A tear trickled down my face, as his sadness stabbed me in the heart.

"Don't cry now, love. I didn't mean to make you sad." Alexander said with a tiny smile. He wiped away the tear and kissed me. We didn't even break apart when the door swung open.

"Ooooooh! I see you guys aren't wasting time."

Victoria of course.

I flipped her off, still not breaking away from Alexander.

"Jasmine! I saw that!"

Shit. My dad had entered too. Alexander broke away and mouthed the word "later" with a wink. Yes, later for sure.

I looked at my visitors for the first time: Victoria, Ozzy, Johnny, and my dad.

Johnny rushed forward and threw himself on top of me. My eyes widened and I stared at Ozzy. She only smiled and turned her gaze to the floor. Oh Johnny, you idiot.

"Missed you girl!" he said, his hazel eyes twinkling, and a huge grin on his face.

"So sweet." I replied.

He beamed even more as he straightened up. My heart gave a sickening lurch, as I saw Alexander's face. It was murderous. The two boys exchanged a death glare. I think I've missed a lot in the past two weeks...

Victoria cleared her throat. "Alright peoples, sorry but us girls need a moment of catching up! Its been two weeks for crying out loud!"

She ushered everyone out and quickly closed the door.

"Jasmine! Best friend!" she cried and attacked me.

"She's MY best friend!" Ozzy declared and jumped in after her.

"I feel the love you guys, but I can't breathe...again!" I yelled.

"We've missed you!" Victoria said.

"School has sucked balls without you!" Ozzy added.

"I bet...but Ozzy, are you seriously telling me nothing has happened between you and Johnny??" I asked her.

"Well...not until today. But it didn't change anything."

"Today?" Victoria asked confused.

"I kissed him...and he kissed me back. I knew he'd forget all about it though. He's in love with you, Jasmine."

"Ozzy, I'll talk to him--"

"No, no, don't worry about it. I'll get over him someday. He's just a guy anyways."

"You're in love with him, aren't you?" I questioned her. She didn't fool me.

"...Yes." she sighed.

*************

Johnny's P.O.V

Alexander and Mr. Turner asked me if I wanted to come with them to get Jasmine something to eat...well Mr. Turner asked me. Alexander just looked at me...examining my face. Not in a friendly way. He must have been visualizing where best to hit me. I couldn't blame him. He must be freaked out that someone was competing against him for Jasmine. Everyone was acting like I'd done something wrong. Well, I guess I had. I'd fallen in love with Jasmine...and that was a sin in their eyes.

I responded with a no. As soon as they stepped into the elevator, I hurried to press my ear against the door to Jasmine's room. I know it's wrong...but at the moment I didn't care.

"You're in love with him, aren't you?" Jasmine asked someone.

There was a pause.

"...Yes." Ozzy muttered.

I leaned away. Crap. Could it be possible that I...no. Then what were these feelings towards Jasmine about? I think I'm in love with two girls at the same time. God, help me.

I decided to leave...I needed a quiet place to ponder my thoughts. The river was perfect.

"Shut up." I muttered to the butterflies in my stomach.

A nurse eyed me weirdly.

"What are you looking at?" I snapped.

I took the stairs instead of the elevator...

*************

Jasmine's P.O.V

"Then we're going to help you." I told her reassuringly.

Ozzy chuckled darkly as she brushed off a speck of dirt from her black skinnies. "How? I've tried everything. He doesn't see me as anything more than a friend."

"I think he does. He just doesn't know it yet." Victoria declared, seemingly sure.

I thought for a moment, then an idea came to my head. A classic.

"Let's make him jealous." I said with a sly smile.

"And I know exactly how to do it!" Victoria stated, already one step ahead of me.

We high-fived, while Ozzy looked around helplessly.

"What are we gonna do?" she questioned, eyeing us suspiciously.

"Ozzy, don't look at us like that. Some trust please. Now, do you have Cris's number?" Victoria demanded.

Ozzy nodded, trying to put two in two together. Then she got it.

"You guys are horrible." she laughed, as she fished her phone out of her pocket.