Chapter 26

The bell rang. Johnny sprung up, muttered goodbye without looking at us and left the room in a hurry. Yeah, awkward.

Ozzy and I gathered our stuff and exited the class, shoving the preps and jocks out of the way. They gave us glares but we ignored them and continued on our way. We said goodbye at the end of the hallway; I had photography and she had chemistry.

I got a big surprise when I entered my photography class. Johnny was talking and laughing with Alexander and the boy who had stood up and shouted at us at lunch. God, what was his name? I'm sure it was Kyle.

"Sweetheart!" Alexander exclaimed when he saw me.

"Sweetheart?" Johnny mocked, turning around to see who he was talking to. He stiffened and his eyes grew tight. I even thought I saw his knuckles tighten.

"Hey Johnny. Stalking me are you?" I teased.

"Course not." he said coldly. He sat down at the desk behind where Alexander was sitting. Alexander's other friend walked over to me and kissed me lightly on the cheek. He has long blonde hair past his ears, light green eyes, and a Monroe piercing and lip ring.

He formally introduced himself. "I'm Kyle, Alexander's best friend. You are quite lovely darling."

"I knew that was your name! And thanks, you're very sweet."

"Kyle, stop flirting with my girlfriend and sit your ass down." Alexander ordered.

"Hello, I'm gay. She should be worried if I decided to flirt with you."

Alexander rolled his eyes. At that moment, Victoria, Jeremy, and Derrick strolled in. Sweet! We were all in the same class. I saw some people giving our little group dirty looks. My grin only grew bigger. Welcome to your worst nightmare bitches.

"Jasmine! We're all together! Fuck yeah!" Victoria shouted.

"Yeah, what she said!" Derrick and Jeremy said in unison. I swear, these two could pass as twins.

We all hugged like we hadn't seen each other in years.

The bell rang...again. Everyone took their seats. Alexander patted the chair next to him. I gave him a quick kiss on the lips before sitting down.

I felt like I was being stared at from behind. And the person sitting directly behind me happened to be Johnny. Then it hit me. Could Johnny possibly...like me? Jasmine, don't be all self-centered now, I told myself. But then again, why had he reacted the way he did when he found out I was Alexander's girlfriend.

Alexander passed me a note. I immediately forgot about Johnny's strange behavior and my suspicions.

The period went by pretty fast. Not much happened, just the usual first day lecture and reviewing the syllabus. We also got assigned cameras. That pretty much sums it up.

When school was over, Alexander, Victoria, Derrick, Jeremy, Johnny, Kyle, and I all headed to the side of the school to the bus area. I saw Ozzy walking with a boy and motioned for her to join us.

"Hey Jasmine! Sup strangers?" she greeted.

I hugged her and introduced her to everyone else. She then introduced her friend whose name was Cris. He's kinda tall, with light black hair and brown eyes. He's wearing gray skinnies, a Sleeping With Sirens band shirt, black belt and Converse, and huge, square, thick-framed glasses. They were sick!

We talked until our buses came. The buses all parked into their rightful spaces. We all said goodbye to each other. As I was getting on mine, someone behind me said "Bye Jasmine." It was Johnny and he smiled at me.

Well look who wasn't mad anymore I thought to myself, annoyed. Nonetheless, I waved goodbye.

************

School got more and more boring as the week progressed. But I found myself actually trying. Junior year...I figured it was about time I put in some effort. I was smart, just lazy.

My worries about Johnny disappeared as well. He was now being friendly with me and I didn't feel like he might have other feelings for me. Big relief. Sadly, he didn't seem to realize Ozzy had a huge crush on him. Victoria was working on it of course. She'd make any excuse to leave them alone together.

Wanna hear some other news? My birthday was this Saturday. I was finally turning sixteen. Yeah, I know I'm younger than everyone else in my grade. Guess I forgot to mention I skipped the second grade. Well now you know.

I got really happy when Alexander called me Friday night to ask me what I was planning to do for my birthday. I thought he'd forgotten...

I had told my dad that I didn't want him to make a big deal about my birthday. He already knew perfectly well because every year, I made this request. Just a cake would be good thank you very much.

Alexander was glad to hear this for some reason. He asked if I wanted to come over tomorrow. I of course said yes.

An hour later, we hung up. I took a quick shower, got into my PJs and went to bed.