Chapter 6

The weekend had been boring. Instead of going out and enjoying my last days of freedom, I stayed home. I listened to music and read, and even took a dip in the pool. I slept a lot. My parents weren't talking to me that much. They were still pretty angry about the car thing so they left me alone. Oh well, gotta learn my learn my lesson, right?

Tomorrow is Monday, the first day of my detentions. I had to be over at the high school by eleven am, meaning I could at least sleep more in the morning. Detention was to be held in an empty classroom and we were to sit there and not bother our supervisor. We were to be let out at three o'clock and not a second before or after. Doesn't that just sound like too much fun?

That night I dug out a furry mini zebra backpack from Hot Topic out of my closet. I stuffed it with a bag of chocolates (I am a victim of it), my wallet, house key, and gum. That should do it I thought to myself as I zipped it up. Then I walked over to my laptop and plugged in my iPod in order for it to be fully charged for tomorrow's four hours of hell with Alexander. I sighed. Alexander. Lately, he had been in my thoughts a lot...

**********

The next morning I woke up to sunlight beaming through my window. I glanced at the clock and saw it was 9:32 am. I got up and took a shower. I tried to decide what to wear and it took me by surprise that I actually cared. Why? I decided to go with my Alesana shirt and some blue skinnies. I pulled my hair back with a glossy, black headband and did my usual eyeliner. Done.

Now it was 10:21. Might as well leave now. I grabbed my zebra backpack, unplugged my iPod, and headed out the door. Halfway there, my stomach grumbled so at one block away from school, I made a left turn. Down that street was a BurgerTown. I rushed in and thanked the skies above when I saw there was no line. The girl at the register took my breakfast order: 1 BurgerTown Breakfast sandwich with an extra sausage patty, two hash browns, and a large orange juice. Well, I was hungry!!!

"That will be $7.89." the girl said. I handed her the money as I checked my cell phone. It read 10:50. I paced up and down impatiently. If I was late, what happened?

"Miss? Here is your food." I spun around and grabbed the bag. I left with a quick thanks and ran down the street and the remaining block to the school. I glanced at my watch. Shit, it was 11:06. I dashed into room #1259.

"I'm here!" I said breathless.

"You're six minutes late however." said Mr. Williams...the school JANITOR. I blinked and sure enough it really was him.

"You're our supervisor dude?" I asked, shocked. Why would they put the janitor in charge?

"Yes, is there a problem?" he asked.

"N-no, course not. Whatever." I said. Alexander snorted. He was sitting in the last row, first seat. I ignored him and chose the first seat in the first row.

"Alright Ms. Turner (yes, he knew my name as well), since this is the first day, I wont tell Mr. Chaplin you were late. But if you're late again, I will have to." Mr. Williams said.

"Ok." I answered. That was my way of saying thank you. I began sipping my orange juice.

"Alright, I don't want to be here as much as you guys do. There isn't even a working TV in here and I'm not allowed to use the school computers. But there is a working TV and computer in the teacher's lounge, therefore that is where I will be. Now I know that if I leave, you two will bail. The only way out of this room is through the door so I will place a camera on a cart just a few feet from the door. That camera is linked to a monitor I have placed in the teacher's lounge. That way I can be alone and make sure you don't leave. Don't worry, that door will be closed so you can do whatever the hell you both wanna do. You can have sex for all I care."

I blinked. "Like that's gonna happen." I muttered under my breath.

"Whatever, it was an example Jasmine. Now are we good?" he asked.

"Yeah." Alexander and I muttered.

"Good, I'll be back at three to dismiss you." and with that he left the room.

I ate my breakfast like the fatty I was. Then I listened to my iPod. Alexander just sat there, listening to his as well.

Two hours later, his voice interrupted the silence. "I don't hate you."

"What?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

"When we walked out of Mr. Chaplin's office, I said 'God, I hate you'. I'm just telling you that I didn't mean it." He didn't turn to look at me as he said it.

"Oh." was all I could say. I was shocked again. I stared at him. His perfect, glossy black hair swayed a bit from the light breeze of the air vent next to him. His body remained seated in his chair but it was slightly tense. Nervous. He didn't say more. I regretted not being able to add more to my 'oh' response. God, was I stupid. I wish I had a brick to hit myself with, over and over again.

Or better yet...something sharp...because once again, Alexander Woodley had released another batch of strange feelings that I just didn't understand.