King Lucifer

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

Recap

Clauneck hops up on stage, making his way over to Tom, he is at first concerned when he sees the tears but upon noticing the soft smile that is also present Clauneck relaxes. Once next to his pet the Demon Lord clips on the diamond leash then he faces the still applauding crowd. Scanning room full of demons he sees his sister in tears leaning on her husband clapping with everyone, Zepar sends him a triumphant grin as if to say the plan worked. Moving on Clauneck spots some more of his siblings applauding for his pet, but that is when he sees him. In the back of the room, there is one demon who is not clapping. Locking eyes with this demon Clauneck feels stone-cold terror grip his heart and squeeze it in a vice. Standing at the opposite end of the room is King Lucifer, and he does not look pleased.

———————————————————————————————————————

Clauneck's body locks into place, his grip on his pet's leash tightening until his claws break the skin, cause a trickle of golden blood to travel down the diamond leash. Ripping his eyes away from the blood-red orbs that bore into his own Clauneck swiftly makes his way off the stage. Tom, who had been waiting for the customary heel that never can, is jerked forward from his spot on the floor.

Scrabbling for a second Tom falls into step next to his master. He lets his body go on autopilot as his mind fills with confusion. 'Why would Master choke me like that? Did I do something wrong?' Before he has much time to dwell on those thoughts they descend the stage steps and plunge into the crowd of demons. Many of the party-goers call out to Clauneck to try and start up a conversation about Tom's performance but he ignores all of them. Clauneck begins to pick up his pace every time another demon calls out his name, this causes Tom to scurry along the floor in an undignified way in order not to be choked. Clauneck pays no attention to his pet's lack of grace, he just continues to make a beeline for the exit.

Finally breaking from the crowd, with the exit in sight Clauneck lets a minuscule amount of tension leak from his body. But he does not slow down, instead, he speeds up even more. Down at his side, Tom completely abandons any attempts at following his training. Now he is more focused on not getting dragged across the floor. That is until he trips.

"Ah-kkk!" Tom goes down hard, his surprised cry cut off by the collar being pulled tight. Luckily his cry is what finally snaps Clauneck out of his panic and brings his attention to his pet's trouble keeping up with his long strides. Stopping so his pet can regain his footing Clauneck turns so he is facing the human who is sprawled on the ground. Not wasting a second Clauneck grabs the back of Tom's shirt and uses it to lift Tom and throw him over his shoulder. Shoulder connecting with his stomach Tom lets out an airy "oof" before he feels them moving again. Each step causing Tom to bounce in the air slightly. That is until Clauneck comes to a screeching halt right before he reaches the door. The force of which they stop causes Tom to smash his nose into his master's back. Bringing a hand up to his now bruised nose Tom wonders not for the first time what is happening. He is about to his master what in the hell is going on when his master speaks before he can.

"King Lucifer." Clauneck's voice is tight with fear, but he does let it show on his face which he is struggling to keep blank. He unconsciously tightens his grip on Tom, who has gone perfectly still on his shoulder. "You are looking well this evening, I was not expecting for you to be attending my sister's anniversary party. To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you this evening?"

"Lord Clauneck, I attend all celebrations that involve my Horsemen, surely you must know this?"

"Must have slipped my mind, my King." Inside Clauneck silently cursed up a storm. '#&@^U& #$&U#%T@!I&!#!$ #O#!&O!H!@#$^%&*@#! How could I have been so stupid!? I was so focused on getting Tom ready to perform that I forgot about Zepar's static and who would be attending the party. I put Tom in danger all because I didn't have the foresight to think ahead.'