The Party Part 2

Recap

Coming back to himself Tom is met with complete silence, gradually Tom cranes his neck so he can look over his shoulder at his audience, they are all staring at him, every single eye is focused solely on the human. Tom feels the panic beginning to set in from their lack of response when a noise brakes the silence. One single clap. The clap repeats itself before more join in, soon a roar of applause crashes into Tom who is still sitting at the piano, too stunned to do anything. Luckily through his confusion he meets his master's eyes. Clauneck sends him an approving smile filled with pride, he then uses his hands signals for Tom to play another song. Tom turns back to the piano, now much more relaxed and plays another song for his audience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom strums the last cord on his silver guitar as he finishes another song, he has been switching between playing the golden piano and his silver guitar all night, in total he has played six different songs so far and his voice is beginning to hurt from singing so much. Luckily, he can now take a break before he sings one final song, the song Zepar picked out for Tom to play for his wife.

Setting the guitar down in its case Tom makes sure that it will be ready for when he gets back on stage to preform again in about an hour. During that time Tom will get a chance to rest his vocal cords, so with the guitar now safely put away Tom positions himself back into his practiced sitting position on the floor as he waits for his master to come up on stage to collect him.

Tom hears more than sees Clauneck make his way up the steps onto the stage as the demon strides over to him with the diamond leash. Tom tilts his head to the side so Clauneck can have easier access to the D ring under his chin, once the led attaches to the collar Clauneck says a gentle, "heel," to get Tom to follow. Rising to his hands and knees Tom begins to follow at his master's side, but after only a few steps towards the stairs to exit the stage they are stopped by the sound of disappointment from the crowd.

"Awww, let him stay,"

"Don't take him away, make him play more,"

"Yeah, I want to hear another song,"

Tom, unable to help himself, goes against his training and angles his head every so slightly so he can just see out of the corner of his eye the crowd of demons that wants him to keep preforming, he is oddly touched by their instance that he keeps going.

'Wow, I didn't expect them to like my singing so much, I am not even that good, or at least not in the human world... Well, I have been practicing everyday for the past four and a half months since I arrived in the Netherworld, maybe that's it, maybe I have been improving and never really realized it. Either way, it feels nice being appreciated for doing something I love.' Tom dares to tilt his head a little bit more, not enough to be noticeable, but enough that he can see more of the demons who are asking for more. 'I can't do an encore,' He addresses the crowd in his head, 'if I do then I might not be able to perform as well later on, and the whole reason I was brought to his party in the first place was to preform a love song. Besides even if I wanted to, the decision is not up to me, it is up to my Master.'

It is at that moment Clauneck speaks up to try and placate the party goers. "Calm down everyone, Tom will be back to play one final song later, but he needs time to rest before that so he can give his best performance. He will be back in an hour after he has a chance to regain his strength." With the crowd now somewhat calmer, although a few demons can still be heard complaining, Clauneck leads Tom the rest of the way off the stage and over to a table towards the side to the large room. Sitting down in a chair, then giving Tom permission to sit down on the floor next to his leg, Clauneck signals a servant to come over. The servant, who is just a low level demon from the second ring, scurries over to where the Demon Lord is sitting.