CHAPTER 14: FROM THE VERY BEGINNING

"The stories we love best, live in us forever." 

—​ J.K. Rowling

Pearl's POV:

Sometimes I wonder how would this world be if there was no such emotion as 'love'. 

From cavemen of the primitive world to digital natives of this technologically advanced planet, we have paved this toilsome journey to become the invincible beings of this globe, yet when love takes over, even the most intelligent and crooked of all are on their knees. They say love governs one's heart, for when one falls in love, their body ceases to function from the brain. The reins of one's existence slip from the responsible shoulders of the brain, to finally rest on the disloyal tongue of the heart, which is undeniably privileged of the sweetness of love but also has to bear the brutal coldness and heat brought by the desperate moments in love.

And, here I was looking at this sleeping mystical creature and pondering on what a big mistake she had committed. 

" Parker!" I mouthed her name while tracing the pad of my thumb over her cheeks as she slept looking irresistible and oblivious of the impact, she was having on me.   

For a girl as precious as her, Parker was undoubtedly a trivialized name. If it would have been up to me, I would have named her Pearl, for my name suits her the most. She was cute, intelligent, voluptuous and her most prized possession was her golden heart, which made her as desirable as a Pearl.  She had also been strong, until today evening. Having reflected through those events, I felt sad that I went too hard on her. But it was not my fault. She definitely emitted vibes of being tougher than what she seemed to be. I thought this new trick I pulled off would be a piece of cake for her, but I seemed to have been proven wrong. Was I failing at reading her or had she really begun to let her guards down around me? 

It should be the latter. My observation skills would never betray me. All of a sudden, I was hit with a pang of jealousy. Karl might also have been in my situation. He must have touched Parker with his filthy hands as she slept. Even earlier today, from the corner of my eye, I could see how he pulled Park in a tight hug. His actions and behaviour reflected his male chauvinism and dominating nature. He did not even deserve Kelly, let alone Park. 

In the attempt of making Parker mine, I had unknowingly brought Karl back into her life. I had to wait at least till tonight to know if my idea of bringing them face to face with each other, had really worked. Once my goal was achieved, the name 'Karl' would be put to silence. Eventually, I was going to get him out of Park's life, and most importantly out of her mind. 

The sudden change in Park's pattern of breathing was an alert that she was going to wake up soon. As I noticed her eyelids moving, I rested my head against the pillow and pretended to be engulfed in a profound sleep. She was up but still made no movements. I could feel her eyes on my face. With my eyes closed, I could clearly imagine her chocolate-brown eyes staring at me. The desire catching her red-handed was tempting beyond measurable limits, but the fact that she did not jump out of the bed after finding me next to her clearly reflected that she found this very situation far from being sickening. I was initially dicey on the way she would react, but I was instantly relieved by her calm reaction. 

I mentally counted and waited for two mins before gradually opening my eyes. I had already sensed some movements and had guessed that she might be looking for her clothes. Pretending to be disturbed by my co-sleeper's sudden actions, I opened my eyes only to be greeted by an awe-inspiring creation of nature. Park was standing at the far end of the room, dressed in her red bra and black lacy panties. The word 'flawless' would not be the apt word to describe her physique. Her body was full of 'flaws'- flaws as in imperfections that made her breathtaking. She had stretch marks over her upper thighs and lower abdomen, a bright red scar over her right knee and tattoos of small butterflies kissing the curves of her body. She was bestowed upon by rich bosom and thick thighs which could save lives. I went breathless at this very sight. Since she was in search of her clothes, she could not catch me looking at her. As much as I desired to rest back and enjoy the view of my voluptuous girlfriend, I did not want to be caught gawking and drooling at the sight of her. I pretended to go back to sleep until I felt her climb back on the bed. Rubbing my knuckles over my eyes, I woke up from what was supposed to be a deep sleep,  then immediately engaged in a conversation with her so as not to arouse any suspicion. Making her some coffee would alleviate some of my guilt.