CHAPTER 11: PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF THE LOVING HEART

"See I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."

- THE JOKER 

Pearl's POV:

I woke up to gloomy weather on Sunday morning, and surprisingly I was in a pleasant mood. For the past two weeks, waking up to a fresh day has been quite exciting for me. It seemed that my new conquest was making my routine life so entertaining, that I look forward to it. After all, Park was definitely not a bad choice, to be honest, she was the most precious of all my conquests, which is why it was essential for me to have her all to myself. Just like the evening sun unknowingly dwells in the inviting arms of darkness, I'll capture her soul, without her even realising it. However, the main work was yet to be done. 

Trust is the core of a relationship. And, trust is the only entity which I have no control over, especially in my case, Park would never make the mistake of trusting me, even the slightest.  The way I obliged her into becoming my so-called girlfriend, as soon as she notices any improvement in Moh's grades and behaviour, she will walk out on me. And I will never have her again. She is smart enough to make sure I will never be able to reach out to her in the future. Hence, I have limited time to earn her trust, so I have to play my cards soon. 

Human psychology makes things so much easier. The rules are simple; know their strengths - you can befriend them, on the other hand, know their weaknesses- you can own them. However, in both cases, the person might stick by your side for the nonce, but eventually, they will leave, for, no person likes to hear songs of his praises for long and once he finds out your weakness, you will cease being the master.  

The best scenario is knowing both their strengths and weaknesses, without them knowing that you know all about them. Instead of confronting them about their secrets, have the secrets unfold in such a way that they are bound to share their side of the story to you. Once they confide their secrets to you, they will have no choice but to trust you with their private affairs. This is the best blow. Having them confide their secrets which you already know, also serves as a means to check how honest they are to you. Yet, it is essential to play the cards just right. Co-incidences occur once or twice, not all the time. If Park realizes that every time she is with me, a part of her buried past resurfaces in front of her, it will not take long for her to connect all the pieces together. After the Blake incident, I should be more precautious and innovative in my planning. Probably, it is not necessary for me to approach my prey, someone else can do it for me. 

That very thought brought a smile to my face. I scrolled through my contacts and dialed Kelly's number. 

" Hi, Pearly honey!" Kelly's slutty voice has always been an instant turn-off. 

" Hi, Kelly! And I would really appreciate if you could stop calling me that! Anyways I called you to ask if you had plans later?" I said, trying to speak in the kindest voice possible. 

" Are you asking me out for a date?" she prompted. 

" Don't get your hopes high! Park and I have been wishing to spend some time with the whole gang, and I was just trying to be nice by inviting you over!" I said, faking the rudeness in my voice. 

"No no! I'll come! What time should I be there?"

" It's at 9 pm at my place! And just to warn you, there are gonna be all couples, so if you want to bring someone with you to relieve you from the boredom of being single, you are most welcome!" I prompted jokingly. 

" Okk, I'll see!" replied Kelly in a dry voice. 

" Cool, see ya then!" with that I hung up on her.