CHAPTER SIX: THE UNCALLED KISS

PARKER'S POV:

                                                                   ' Life is full of surprises'

                                                                                                                - John Major.

I have never been so confused about a person in my existence of 20 years. I was going through a mental turmoil, my mind was telling me to run away, but my feet were involuntarily following him. After a walk of 5 mins, we were in the parking lot, standing next to a stunning red Porsche. For a moment all my thoughts converged to one focal point, this fascinating car. My thoughts were interrupted when I saw Pearl opening the passenger car door, as if it was his car. 

" Park! Get in!" impatiently ranted Pearl 

" Is this your car?" I exclaimed shockingly.

" Can you please bring your fat ass here and get inside the car? I have something important to discuss!" announced Pearl, as if he was dealing with a five year old kid.

It has been ten mins since we were inside Pearl's Porsche car. As beautiful as it looked from the outside, it was even more breathtaking in the inside. Pearl was undoubtedly Mr. Perfect of RMC, but I always thought that must be a cover that he used at school, especially after him going from exceptionally polite from our first meeting to downgrade rude on our second meeting. However, looking at how orderly everything was arranged in his car made it look like he was indeed a perfectionist by nature. The car of a medical student is by far the most messy , with the passenger seats blanketed with books, lab coat, gloves,stethoscope and what not. But, Pearl's car was far from what the typical medical student's car looked like. His lab coat was perfectly folded and kept on a box, which had separate segments, each segment marked with a specific subject. All his notes were arranged in a big file, with all the chapter title written neatly on the cover of the files. I was so surprisingly taken aback by his neatness and organised nature. For a moment I thought of him as being a serial killer, he elicited all the signs of a psychopath. 

" Are you done glaring at my stuff?" asked Pearl, interrupting my thoughts. 

" I'm not glaring at your stuff, but I am just admiring how organised your car is." I said shamelessly, feeling helpless of how I gave my self-respect away so easily, when I was supposed to be rude to him. 

Pearl smiled at my response and said:

"Yup, not much! I like to keep both my life and things organised!"

I swallowed my broken pieces of self-respect and asked him:

" What was it you wanted to talk about?"

"It is about Moh." he finally said, his voice showed a great amount of reluctance, he paused and continued speaking: 

" Mohamed and I have been very close since birth. Many people do not know that we are twins. And we do not like sharing this fact with others. It brings back some bad memories. But as we grew up, I never realized when I grew so far apart from him. And it has been my fault throughout. As I joined high school, I became more engrossed in my own life. Because of their inter-religious marriage, Mum and Dad were already fed up of each other and they got divorced. In trying to avoid all this tension at home, I started spending more time with my friends. outside. The thought of Mohamed and how might be dealing with all of that never hit me. "

As Pearl guided me through this past, I was in a mix of emotions. I could not wait to ask him all the questions that I thought I would, but I did not even want to interrupt him.