Chapter 8 : Fragile Trust

The entire family ate the lunch in silence. Shivaay hadn't spoken a word ever since the Agent left. The Agent had seemed pretty confident of solving the case. Shivaay had appointed a team to snoop the entire mansion to check if it had been bugged. During the wedding many people had access into the mansion. He wasn't ready to risk anything. The family was silent none spoke about the Agent's visit.

He ate in silence. He didn't look towards Anika but was aware of her glances. It was confusing. Sometimes, he saw a completely different woman in her. He wondered where she had disappeared, the Anika he knew. It was perplexing and painful. 

A little towards the evening Shivaay was looking at the skeptic faces of his family members. He took a deep breath before beginning. "They found five working hidden cameras and two non operational ones. The living hall, the kitchen, Omkara, Bade Papa, Mom-Dad your rooms had the operational ones. The camera in my room had a loose wire and the one in the dining area wasn't installed properly. They were all wireless hidden cameras. Bugs were also found. I have no idea who did it. However,  we cannot report to the police, they may use it against us. I have tightened the security. No one will step out of the mansion without two guards accompanying them. Prinku and Saumya the two of you will have female bodyguards with you at all times, wherever you are, even in college."

"Wow, now no one has privacy." Tej remarked annoyed.

"God knows who has bad eyes on us. Surely someone who has the witch's shadow upon them. We were being watched the whole time." Pinky exclaimed worried. 

"Mom, don't worry. There will be regular checking of people going in and out. Only those servants will be allowed inside whose thorough background checks has been done. The number will be limited. Also, the IT team will be here. All electronic devices will be checked by them. If there is anything that seems even remotely fishy to anyone of you immediately report it to Khanna." Shivaay fell silent staring at his family members. 

"There is nothing to worry about. It's precautionary. No one messes with the Oberois and gets away. I have appointed a team from a private investigation company who are trying to track the person who planted the cameras and bugs. Everything is okay and in control. You all don't have to worry." Shivaay tried lightening all their worries. 

"What if it's the person who tried to kill you, who did all of this?" Rudra asked worried. "Maybe that's how he knew we were having a function. And he planned to target..."

"Rudra, I repeat there is nothing to worry. Whoever is behind this will have to pay for what they did. And I will make sure of that." Shivaay spoke firmly. He was about to walk away when he was suddenly hugged by Rudra. The moment was sudden. Shivaay was taken aback. 

"Are you lying? The police protection and then all this..you sure everything is in control? There is no threat at all?"Rudra asked worried.

His blue eyes were now blazing owing to the tears. He blinked placing his hand on Rudra's back. Pulling away he gave a pat over his shoulder. "Stop worrying. I promise everything's in control." He forced a smile and looked up. Anika was no longer there. But Daadi stood there. Although she was smiling her forehead had lines of worry drawn. Soon everyone made way to their rooms. Once everyone was gone, Rudra looked at Shivaay. Once again he hugged him, "You know right, I still love you!" He spoke causing Shivaay's lips to curve up .