Chapter 3 : Chaotic Hearts

He cleared his throat to get her attention. She looked up and pulled her hand down, immediately. "What were you doing?" He asked out of curiosity diverting his attention to look at the sky.

"Nothing." She replied curtly.

"Great. Everyone is waiting downstairs while you're doing nothing." He kept the conversation cold.

"They are waiting for me?" She asked slightly surprised.

"For my wife." He uttered looking down at her, into her eyes. 

She could just stare at him. His words confused her. Wife? The one he did not accept? The one he forced into the wedlock? It still hurt. She was freezing under his coldness. He was crushing her self-worth under the "my wife" tag now. A wife, she never was. A wife, he never accepted. Stark irony.

"Now! I have no time to waste. Come, now." The dominance in his voice still made a part of her shudder. Who was he? Certainly not the man she thought she had known. He wasn't that BilluJi who made her heart melt. He was somebody else. Cold and cruel. 

She finally got to her feet, her eyes still not meeting his. "I don't want to attend any function." Her voice was distant. She said that and walked away. Shivaay stared at her. Who was she? Certainly not the Paanika who would splash a little water at him and yet warm his heart. This woman was hurling ice crystals at him. She wasn't the Paanika he trusted. Her mask had peeled off. He loathed what lay underneath. Maybe, it was the mask he had fallen for. The mask of his Paanika. He swallowed hard, he couldn't find the cure for the pain that still tormented his heart. 

Shivaay entered his room with a determined spirit. He wasn't going to let the past ruin him again. He was going to accept that it was his mistake to have a soft corner for her. She was not what he had taken her to be. He had fallen trap for a mask. Not again. His jaw muscles tightened. "Get ready and be down. Five minutes."

Anika looked up at him, her eyes throwing daggers at him. "You're no one to order me Mr.Oberoi. What will you do?" She asked walking up to him. "Boom?" She scoffed. 

"It feels like I have never known you," Shivaay uttered meeting her eyes. 

"The feeling is mutual then, Mr.Oberoi. I was restrained that day because of Saahil. Not today." Having said that she stepped back and turned around. However, in a matter of minutes, he had held her and pushed her to the wall. His hands pinned hers to the wall, caging her between his body and the wall. "Don't challenge me, Anika. You don't know how..."

"I have heard that before." Anika snarled struggling against his hold. "I am not scared. You've already broken everything. Everything is into pieces now. Pieces are harder to break. There's nothing more you can break."

Shivaay breathed heavily, pressing her hand against the wall. He stared at her. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. This... felt very wrong. Yet, she had rekindled the fire of hatred and disgust in him.