Chapter 34 : Endearing Closeness

Anika entered the room with the filled glass jug in hand. She placed it on the side table and turned around. A look of surprise appeared on face, as she noticed that the cushion wall she had made to divide the bed, a little while before, had disappeared.

He graze traveled to Shivaay whi was standing by the door that led to the poolside with his mobile phone pressed against his ear. She decided to tiptoe around and rebuild the wall. However, her vibrating phone had her attention. She picked it yo and stared at the smalls screen with wide eyes. "O beta ki! How could I forget!" She gasped. 

"What did you forget?" Shivaay asked as he turned to find her standing by the side table.

"Test!" She exclaimed, making her way to her cupboard hurriedly.

With a frown he followed her to see what she was up to. "What test Anika?"

"Elocution test. I have it tomorrow! It totally forgot about it."

"Elocution?" Shivaay voiced confused, glancing at the spiral bound document she had bought out of the cupboard. 'Sparkles Personality Development Center!'he read the bold text on the cover. He looked up at her surprised.

"You have enrolled in-"

"- yes." She answered before he completed. "Personality Classes for women!"

He was now amused, "Personality classes?"

"Yeah . They technically call it, Self Improvisation Sessions!"

He chuckled, "really? What made you sign up for this?" He was legit curious to know. If he knew her well enough, she wouldn't really care about something like this.

"Mom. Also, Omkara said it would be good for me."

"Seriously!" He exclaimed with disbelief.

She looked at him hesitantly. "Yeah. This would help me improve the way I interact with people which will help in my day to day work." She explained, rephrasing the words of Omkara's advice.  

He smiled a little, taking the spiral bound book from her hand. "So Elocution?"

"Yeah, it's conversations test tomorrow!" She said taking back the book from his hand. "That tutor has some serious problem with me. She keeps saying my pronunciation is wrong and--"

"Pronunciation, Anika!" He corrected her pronunciation of the word.

Anika stared at him. He looked away understanding his correction was timed awfully wrong. "So, you were saying-- and?"

"And she thinks my vocabulary is limited."

Shivaay nodded.

"So, now don't disturb me let me enhance my vocabulary and practice my pronunciation."

This time around her pronunciation of the word pronunciation was a wee bit better. He smiled as she walked over to the bed. It was like everything between them had gone back to how it was before the wedding. 

He sat before and looked at her read aloud. 

"What?" She asked looking at him after a minute passed.

"I think I can help." He said and pulled the book a little so that he could read as well. "I will be person one. You do person two. Okay?"

Anika stared at him. It was strangely heartwarming. Why would he spare time for something as ridiculous and irrelevant as this? "You don't have to. I will manage." She protested softly.

"Is there a problem of I help?"

"I don't nee help, here."

Shivaay stared at her. Being self-reliant was good, but being so stubbornly, heavily self-reliant that one wouldn't accept the help was plain stupid. "Please, let me help." He said instead of pointing put her stubborn.