Chapter 24 : Tangled Feelings

Psst! ;D

• • • • • ♡ • • • • •

Anika had been trying her best to not think about Shivaay. Out of sight was supposed to be out of mind, wasn't it? She had consciously tried to keep herself engaged in other stuff. But that stubborn Baagad Billa just wouldn't leave her alone. He sat there in her head like he belonged there.

I don't care about him, was a phrase she had been constantly repeating in her head time and again. However, it didn't help.

As soon as the hands had moved off her eyes, before her stood Shivaay Singh Oberoi in all his glory. Her widened eyes didn't blink even once. He was there, in flesh and bones. She noticed his disheveled hair, his slightly swollen eyes. His eyes didn't have the usual spark of pride. They were slightly reddish. His stubble was denser than usual. 

Her gaze slowly moved, noticing the creased shirt, not so neatly tucked into his trousers and the missing napkin on the pocket of his coat and the unbuttoned end of his sleeve. What on earth was he upto? It looke like he had returned after a bout with someone.

"Shivaay!" She uttered and finally blinked her eyes. Yes, very much, still there. He was indeed right before her eyes.

"Anika!" He uttered softly and within the span of few seconds he rushed towards her. His arms were around her, his face buried onto her shoulder.

A frown formed on her face, as he held her in his arms. His breathing was heavy. His hands rubbing all over her back, murmuring her name just audible enough for her to hear.

"You're okay, you're okay.." he muttered. Anika's heart skipped a few beats. Why did he sound like that? There was tiredness in his voice. The manner he held her in his arms was different. She was reminded of the time she had hugged him in the Lonavala hotel after the intruder scare. Was he okay? 

"Anika, you're fine, right?" He asked pulling away. His hands holding hers. He looked down at her hands as though checking for damage. After a thorough look at her arms he looked up at her face. His hands cradling her face. "You're okay."

Anika was confused. She turned to Yashraj. He looked away immediately as though not paying any attention towards them. What was even happening? Shivaay was the surprise Raj was referring to?

"I am fine," she answered, looking at him. Her hand reaching to hold his hand that was cradling the side of her face. He winced and she immediately looked at his hand pulling it down. A white bandaid was wrapped around his right palm with a red spot.

"What happened?" She asked looking at his palm carefully. The blood stained dressing hinted at a nasty injury.

"Nothing. But you're okay right?" He asked looking at her with a small but happy smile.

Anika couldn't contain her curiosity. "I don't understand..." she muttered.

"Let me explain." Yash intervened.

"Err, Anni, actually," he began. 

Anika narrowed her eyes at him and at once he began using useful words.

"He didn't know that you were safe here."

"What!" Anika exclaimed glancing at Shivaay, both her hands still holding his. 

"Um, yep. Actually, I didn't get the time to explain our history to him. He was under the impression that your were kidnapped."

"What!" She repeated the exclamation.