Chapter 36 : Accepting Love

It's technically Tuesday in some part of our world already, so here it is, an early update or you can say an update on time. ;p was too eager to publish it! Long chapter, hope you enjoy!

• • • • ♡ • • • •

Anika awkwardly broke the hug and stepped away. The moment of overwhelming emotion had passed and all that remained was awkwardness. She was surprised to learn that she actually loved being in his arms, and having his arms around her. She had started liking the proximity and even craving it.

According to what Chanda had told her, it was normal. But Anika was still unsure. In her life, things were never normal.

"I will --" she hesitated, trying to think of an excuse to escape the situation. She felt his palms press against her waist, she looked up to find a resolve in his eyes to keep her from running away.

"Are you awkward after what happened this morning between us?" Shivaay asked cutting to the chase.

Anika stared at him wide-eyed. How did he always manage to read her mind? "No," she said, nonchalantly.

Shivaay's face now lit up with amusement. "So, you don't mind if we do it again?" He teased.

Anika's eyes widened up looking akin to saucers, as she shot up her gaze at him. "What!"

Shivaay chuckled softly, stepping closer. She was so cute when flustered. He placed his forehead against hers. "Relax. It's normal for a husband and wife to kiss. Okay?" He whispered softly.

Anika was taking deep breaths. She had heard somewhere that they helped deal with panic. She didn't know whether the long deep breaths helped or Shivaay's soft reassuring voice, she felt better. She gently placed her hands on his arms, just above his elbow. "Okay!" She whispered.

Shivaay was tempted to end that conversation with a kiss but he didn't want to set her into panic mode again. He slowly pulled away, placed a kiss on her forehead, before stepping away.

"So, how did your elocution go?"

Anika had been expecting something else. She quickly grasped his words and answered, "okay." She wasn't telling him that she screwed up because she couldn't wipe away the image of them kissing.

"Cool," he answered looking at her and then around, wondering what was he up to until Anika became a distraction.

"I will go help Mom in the kitchen!" Anika spoke up, as her brain started functioning again.

"Yeah," Shivaay nodded.

With a blooming smile she walked out of the room. Maybe she and Shivaay could actually have a normal relationship.

Anika was walking towards the kitchen when she remembered Pari. She marched back to the room. "Billu ji!" She announced loudly, entering the room only to lay her eyes on a shirtless Shivaay. Can someone please fix her luck?

Her lips parted and cheeks colored up as he sharply turned to look at her.

"I-I-" once again, the train of word wa stuck somewhere between her head and throat. She tried looking to the side.

"What Anika? And can you please, not call me Billu Ji. It's annoying."

Anika looked at him defensively, "it comes out like automatic, I can't help it!" She replied and once again her eyes went down his neck to his hairy chest.

Shivaay followed her gaze and finally understood why she was blushing for apparently no reason. Of course there was a reason.

"You wanted to tell me something?" He prompted her, pushing away the temptation to tease her a little.