Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I'm woken up by the annoying buzzing sound of my alarm. Ugh. Monday morning. I hit snooze and roll out of bed. Within 20 minutes I'm wearing my light-wash blue boyfriend jeans, a black t-shirt, and I'm out the door. The bus ride to school is peaceful as I listen to my favourite bands. When I reach school I make my way to my locker, only to see Alex standing right in front of it, still in his usual leather jacket and all black outfit attire. "Move." I flatly state. "Oh, my mistake" he smirks at me and moves aside. I kneel down to get the books at the bottom of my locker. "Ruby?" Alex calls. I look up at him with a questioning stare, still kneeling. "My, I could get used to you in this position." he smirks. I eventually realize what he means and am overtaken with embarrassment. I slam my locker shut and stand upright. "Keep talking to me like that and I'll fuck you up." I angrily whisper with my finger poking his chest and storm down the hallway. "I hope so!" he cockily yells back, laughing. I flip him off without looking back and turn the corner to my homeroom class.

My cheeks feel hot with annoyance. I settle in my seat and pull out a book to distract me until class starts. By the time the bell rings, everyone has filed in class and that annoying Sheffield boy is sitting adjacent to me once again. I try not to notice his consistent staring and focus on my teacher. "So class, I've decided to assign this sociology project in which you will need to get into partners for," Ms. Caldbeck tells us. Yay! Partners! My good friend, Jenn, and I smile at each other, indicating our alliance. "Over the next two weeks, you will get to know someone in this class whom you are not so familiar with." I give Jenn a disappointed look, which she reciprocates. "You will create a video about them, sort of like a biography, but in a film. Include things you didn't notice about them before, how their day goes, things like that! Now go ahead and pick your partners and let me know who you are working with by the end of class. Remember, you cannot pick someone who is already your friend!" my teacher chirps. I look around the room and dreadfully take in that everyone has already chosen their partners. It's barely been a minute since the project was assigned! Flustered, I approach Ms. Caldbeck's desk.

"Ms. C, I don't have a partner. I think everyone has already chosen." I state. She gives me a sad smile and looks around. "Who doesn't have a partner?" she asks the class. A single hand raises from none other than Alex, much to my annoyance. I look back at my teacher who smiles at me (like it's a good thing) and gestures toward Alex. He smirks at me as I make my way to his desk. Alex suggests that we meet at my house after school and I reluctantly accept. "Just so you know, we're gonna work in the kitchen. You're forbidden from my room after the shit you pulled the other day." I whisper-yell at him. "Forbidden?" he deeply laughs. "And what kind of punishment will I receive if I disobey these rules?" he winks and squeezes my bum. My face flushes for what seems like the millionth time this week. I irritably get up to tell Ms. Caldbeck I need a new partner but he grabs my wrist and chuckles. "Babe I was only joking, I'm sorry. I'll cut down on the comments. Promise." he arrogantly grins. I narrow eyes at him, frustration coursing through my veins. "Fine. Be there at 4." I huff.

I'm finally back! Sorry for not updating in so long. I'll try to update frequently but school is always keeping me busy so you never know. Please try to be patient. :) let me know what you guys think, give me some feedback! 8) I think I'll try to upload a picture of Ruby in the next chapter. See you guys soon!! Xx