Chapter 8

I trudge through the crowds of students and saunter over to my locker. I mentally pat myself on the back for my outfit choice today. I'm wearing a black skater dress with an acid wash denim jacket on top. As I finish up at my locker, I see my friend Miles approach my locker. "Hey Ruby!" he chirps. I reply with a smile and a friendly wave. "So I've got a question...are you close with Alex? The new guy?" he questions.
"Uh no, not really. Why do you ask?"
"Why do I ask? Ruby, the lad can't stop talking about you for more than 2 minutes! All I hear is your name!" he laughs. My stomach drops. If he told Miles about what we did at my house...
"Oh really? What kind of stuff does he say?" I nonchalantly ask.
"Just about how you're funny and interesting and "dazzlingly beautiful". I swear, those were his exact words. Of course none of them were true however." he chuckles.
"Shut up Miles." I giggle.
"Seriously though Ruby, he's insane about you. I mean, just look at him now! Gawking at you like an animal." he gestures behind me. Sure enough, there's Alex standing a few metres away from us. I give him a light wave, to which he responds by slightly clenching his jaw and taking off.
"Well that was rude." I say with a hint of irritation.
"Oh don't worry about him. Probably just jealous that we're talking. He practically threatened me and all our friends to stay away from you." he grins. "What a joke." My annoyance grows. "He did? I'm not some piece of meat that he can just claim as his." I huff.
"Aw don't pay any attention to that. I'm sure he didn't mean it like that. Anyway, I'll see you Ruby!" he scuttles away as I say bye.

***
By the time I get home from school I am ready to collapse. At least I managed to avoid talking to Alex all day. The downside is that I have to work on our sociology project at his house today. I sigh as I change into something a bit more comfy. I choose a pair of red plaid pajama pants and grab a random t-shirt from my closet. After quickly eating a muffin and grabbing my backpack, I head next door. I hesitantly ring the doorbell and 2 seconds later, Alex appears wearing dark-wash jeans and a black T-shirt with "The Strokes" written on it. His somewhat cute outfit makes me a bit self-conscious of my PJ's. He takes a quick look at my chest and laughs. "I'll take that as a request." he smirks. Confused, I look down and realize I'm wearing my "Fuck You" t-shirt. Just my luck. My cheeks are instantly hot but I try my best to suppress the embarrassment. I push him back inside. "Let's just get this done." I proclaim.
"Okay babe, take control." he winks and snakes his arm around my waist. I smack his hand away, making him laugh. This is going to be a long afternoon.

Hey guys! Ok so I'm thinking of updating a bit more often but if I do that then the chapters are going to be about this length (pretty short). Let me know what you think I should do! I had to write this chapter twice cuz I lost all my work the first time.
-____- Anyway, let me know what you think! Xx