Chapter 7

Alex's POV

The alarm wakes me up and I reluctantly jump out of bed. Desperately wanting to be with her, despite her clear apprehension of me, makes me dread going to school another day. Nonetheless, I open up the curtains to shed some light in my relatively dreary bedroom. And of course, there she is. Her stomach rising and falling, her hair a catastrophic beauty, and her body folded up in the most adorable sleeping position imaginable. As creepy as it sounds, gazing at her through this window alleviates my anxious states of loneliness better than anything else. I'm sure she wants nothing to do with me however. Although I may be correct about this for once, I sure hope that isn't the case. I force myself to avoid this window.

Ruby's POV

My eyes flutter open and I annoyedly climb out of bed. After brushing my teeth, I begin to choose my outfit for the day when something by the window catches my eye. Ugh, of course. Him. I look through the window just in time to see him changing his clothes. Regardless of my incredible drive to avoid Alex, I find myself unable to peel my eyes away. I remember how good he made feel and the many fits of laughter we shared yesterday. I sigh. He'll never want me now, after I basically kicked him out of my house yesterday. Maybe I could try to just..get to know him a bit more. No physical contact, outside of school projects. Just pure, innocent, friendly fun. Then, perhaps we'll see if he and I are right for each other. I look at him once again. Just as his eyes meet mine, my heart drops and I look away, going back to picking my outfit. I can picture the smirk he probably has on his face right now.