Seniorita 30

Seniorita 30

Lutther:

I stared on my phone's screen just after she ended aborted the call. May kasalanan ako—I know. Damn, Lutther. You gotta go and fetch her!

Kaya ko kinuha ang susi ng kotse ko and decided to descend after minutes when Aurora finally left the house. I had to let her understood my situation—and f**k, may kasalanan din ako sa kaniya na hindi ko masabi-sabi; that caused me nights to think of proper words to say to Selina—after that night..

I knew I was not just drunk.

Alam ko ang ginagawa ko nung gabing may mangyari sa'min.

"Marta," Tawag ko sa katulong na nasa salas pa't naglilinis. "Tawagan mo ako sa phone if Seline arrives here." Sabi ko. Her voice was firm but shaky.

"E, sir, dumating na po kanina pa si maam pero umalis din po ulit." She did come home already? I puffed an air. She must have seen me and Aurora in my room!

"Sige, pero tawagan mo ako kung sakaling uuwi siya." I hurriedly went out the house. That's why she was shaky in the next line. Was she mad?

Of course!

Siguro nag-isip siya ng masama nang makita niya si Aurora sa bahay. Pero hindi ko nga siya pinayagang tumuloy—she insisted and didn't know she followed me here. Alam ko na meron kaming kasunduan ni Selina and I gotta respect that! At isa pa, my mind was so vague for days that I neither talk to Aurora nor to Selina—binugbog ko ang sarili ko sa trabaho.

I got my phone and dialed her number again when a call intercepted. Who could this be?

"Hello? Who's this?" I started the engine as I received this unknown call.

"Is this Mr. Lutther Monte Carlo? Selina's husband? Please confirm, sir." Why the hell I felt edgy the way she asked that? Babae ang nasa kabilang linya telling me to confirm my relationship to Selina.

"Yes. I am her husband—"

"She's very critical, sir. Bumangga ang sasakyan niya sa truck. She's currently confined in St. Felice Hospital." Selina! Her face registered on my mind her silly smile and annoying frowns.

I threw my phone at kaagad na pinaharurot ang sasakyan papuntang hospital. My braing clogged at the moment but envisioning that her car bumped right into a truck?

Goodbye. Her last word echoed inide my head. Mariin akong umiling. F**k, no! Her sad voice right before she ended the call.

No, no. Mabilis akong nakarating sa hospital at kaagad na itinanong ang ER ni Selina. Tinakbo ko ang kwarto kung nasaan siya ngayon—pero kaagad din akong hinarang ng nurses sa labas.

"Sir, maghintay nalang po kayo sa labas." Napahilamos ako at walang nagawang sumandal. Jesus, save Selina, please! I knew I had done nothing good to her—since then but please, hear me out this time. Kahit ito nalang, save her, God..

Nakuyom ko ang mga kamao ko. Kasalan ko—may Malaki akong kasalanan sa kaniya for being so coward not to let her know that I already fell in love with her.

Damn, natakot ako. Natakot ako kahit wala namang dahilan—takot ako kasi, oo, duwag ako. Hindi ko maamin sa sarili ko not until tonight!

The doctor came out and took off his face mask.

"Mr. Monte Carlo?" I rushed towards him.

"How is my wife, doc?" Please, tell me she would be fine. Kasi marami akong pagkukulang at marami akong gustong sabihin sa kaniya—sa'yo Selina..

"She needs an immediate heart transplant—after an hour kung walang donor, she'll lost the chance to survive. A piece of metal struck her heart too bad—we need a heart transplant if you wanted her to survive." And he went back inside the ER after telling me that.

She only got an hour?

I blinked couple of times—f**k, I know what to do.

I exactly know what to do now, Selina..