Chapter 43

LEAHS POV

His voice sounded so far away but I could still hear it. Zayn laugh, it was one of my favorite sounds. It kept getting closer, as if he was near me.

Soon I started to hear other noises, a  beep, a constant annoying beep. I could also hear a soft snore near by.

My eyes started adjusting to the light. It was dark, but not the darkness from before. This one had a faint glow to it.

My eyes fluttered open as I heard the laugh again. I tried to sit up, but my body felt to heavy. So I turned my head. Sitting in a chair next to me was Zayn, but he didn't see me. His hands were on his phone, and his music was playing through his head phones.

For a second I looked around, moving my head slightly. I knew exactly where I was, a hospital. I hated them, they frightened me.

I could see Louis asleep in a chair next to Zayn. I couldn't help but wonder how long he had been there, how long I had been here. My head was foggy and my eye lids started to feel heavy again.

But I reached out my hand closest to Zayn. With struggle I pulled the wire of his headphones, and they fell out of his ears. He looked startled and turned to Louis as I let out a tiny, painful laugh.

He turned to me, eyes wide and gasped as I said "you're really cute when you laugh" My voice was weak and dry.

He stayed still, shocked. My eyelids started to become heavy as I tried to fight it. As my eyes closed I could hear Zayn yelling "Lou! Lou get up" I hear a loud whacking sound and then my brothers familiar voice.
"Zayn do you know how long it took me to fall asleep in this chair" he protested.
I was starting to fade, hearing nothing. The last sound I heard before falling back into a deep sleep was the sound of lips pecking me close to my ear.

...

"Slowly. Carefully. Easy now"

I turned my head sharply as I moved my legs off of the bed, facing Zayn. “I’m not gonna break you know” I said to him, giving him a knowing look

He leaned down, kissing me lightly on my face “I know, but I want to get you home in one piece” he said

Today was the day I was finally allowed to go home. It was Sunday, almost a week since my accident. The doctors had taken the cast off of my arm, but I was still left with a sling. My shoulder, which had been operated on, would have to be rehabbed to get back the full movement.

The doctors in Doncaster had told me of a few rehab centers in town, but they had also told me of some major ones in London; ones with well known doctors and the top healing rate. My mom, Louis, and the rest of the boys decided that it would be best for me to go to London to recover.

I had talked to my professors, and with my grades they had exempt me from my exams. So now I was officially done with school for the semester.

In London I would be living at Louis and Harry’s. At first I had offered to use my money that I had saved to rent my own place, but they wouldn’t have it. They claimed it would be good for them to have me there, keeping them in-line, and they knew it would be easier for me to live with them.  The boys had already packed up my stuff for me and had it in the car, ready to go on the ride with us.

Cole would be coming along, staying there with me. I was nervous to not be living with my mom, not having her there to help me out with Cole. The boys however, assured me that they would be there along with Alyssa and Danielle to help us out with everything. This did make me much less nervous about officially moving to London.