Chapter 19

I woke up the next morning and got ready.  My first class started at 9:30 and then after that Zayn and I were going on our second date. I walked into Coleton’s room and woke him up. I was glad to see that he had no temperature and that he had slept through the night.

After changing him I took him down stairs for breakfast. While I was cooking I was surprised to see Louis walk in.

“Good morning” he said cheerfully

“Morning. You’re up early” I commented while taking the food off the stove

“Yeah I figured I could help you out. You know watch him while you get ready for school, and your date” he said rasing his eyebrows at the end.

I blushed “How did you know about the date. I didn’t even tell you, or mom”

He laughed “Well when I was taking Harry to the train station last night Zayn called me. So I weaseled it out of him”

“Oh no! What did you say to him!?” I asked worriedly

Louis took a seat next to me at the table and said “Well he actually called me to make sure I was okay with him seeing you. Like he didn’t want it to affect us because, well that would be awkward. I guess he got worried that I wouldn’t be okay with it because he knew that there were some issues between us”

I looked over at him “And what did you say?”

Louis smiled “I told him you were free to date whoever, and I am happy that its him because he knows how to treat people. I must say, Zayn is quiet the gentleman, maybe even more than myself”

I laughed “Oh yes Lou because you are one hell of a ladies man”

He jokingly hit me on the arm “I am!”

We finished our breakfast and then I was out the door on my way to school.

“Hey!” I said walking over to Zayn’s car in the parking lot.

He embraced me in a hug, kissing me on the check before we got in the car.

We talked for a little before we pulled up in front of the movie theater. “I figured we could do something instead of going to lunch. Is that okay?” he asked

I smiled and grabbed his hand “Of course!”

We walked in and took our seats in the dark theatre. He pulled his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. “So I heard you talked to Louis” I said while the previews were playing.

“He told you! That’s emba-” he started to say but I cut him off.

“I think its adorable!” I then turned my head and gave him a small peck.

The movie ended and we were back in the car. It was almost 2 and I was starting to get hungry because we hadn’t eaten yet.

I noticed Zayn putting the car in park. “Where are we?” I asked as I stared out the window into a huge field of grass.

He reached into the back seat and took out a bag. ‘I figured we could have a picnic, since its not to cold out today”

We got out and sat on the hood of his car. I couldn’t stop smiling. This had be the one of the best dates I had ever been on. When we were done eating he got off the car and walked over to the trunk. “Want to play” he asked coming back around standing in front of me with a football.

“I would love too” I said taking it out of his hands and placing it on the ground. Before he could touch it I kicked the ball away.

I started running down the field dribbling the ball with my feet as Zayn chased me. I kicked it backwards to him and slowed down.

I turned around and saw Zayn bending down trying to catch his breath. “You’re really fast!” he said in between breaths

I smiled and said “Looks like someone can’t keep up”

He laughed and agreed.

He passed me the ball and we played around for a little bit. About an hour later we were playing keep away. I had stolen the ball from him and was running in the opposite direction when I felt to strong arms grab me. I let out a small squeal as I felt Zayn pick me up and lift me into the air.

“Gotcha” he said as he kept me in his arms and sat on the ground. I laid on the ground and laid my legs across his lap. Zayn put his head in the grass next to me.

“Thank you” I said turning my head to face him. “Today was really fun”

He looked over at me with his deep brown eyes and smiled “You don’t have to thank me. I enjoy taking you out”

I smiled and kiddingly said “Well then I take it back”

He then stuck out his tounge at me, making me laugh.

“So when do you go back toLondon?” I asked him.

“Probably Saturday or Sunday. If I go Sunday its early because we have that performance to do” he explained

“I don’t want you to go back” I said with a pout

“Oh really why is that?” he asked even though he knew the answer

I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek “That’s why” I said when I pulled away.

He wrapped an arm around my neck and pulled my head onto his chest. We laid there in silence and I could hear the beat of his heart. He was playing with my hair as we just enjoyed each others company.

Zayn started to sit up a bit and I looked over at him. “I guess your gonna have to come and visit me” he told me

“Well maybe I don’t want to” I joked

“I want you to” he said putting his hand under my chin.

He pulled me closer to him an our faces were just about to touch. I could feel his breath on my face and my heart start to race. The gap between us was slowly closing.

That’s when I felt the rain start to pour onto us. It was as if someone dropped a whole bucket of water. Before we could both fully lean in our heads snapped up. I could see the dark sky start to light up with bolts of lightning.

Before I could think I felt Zayn grab my hand and say “Come on! Lets go” as he pulled me towards the car.

We were driving back to the school and we were both soaked. Zayn had found a dry sweatshirt in the back of his car and given it to me. The car ride was quiet, except for the loud crackling from the thunder above.

When we reached the school, he pulled up to where I had parked earlier.

“I don’t want you to leave” I said as he parked the car next to mine

He looked at me with sad eyes and said “Me neither”

“I’ll come up and visit. I promise”

“Okay, I’ll visit you too. We will make it work” he told me

“Good because I don’t want to stop seeing you. I really like you Zayn and I really like this, us” I confessed

He took my hand and said “Then lets keep it going. I really like you too.”

I got out of the car and he got out too. We stood in the parking lot, in the pouring rain as he pulled me into a tight huge. “I’ll see you soon, I promise” I told him

“I’m already looking forward to it. I’ll call you tonight” he said as I pulled away.

I got in my car and took of my wet shirt and put Zayn’s sweatshirt on, taking in his smell. I was about to pull away when I heard knocking at my window. Rolling the window down I saw Zayn standing there.

Before I could ask him what he was doing, he reached his head into my car. I felt his lips crash into mine. I put my hand on his face and kissed him back. When he pulled away he flashed me a smile and said “Take care Leah” and left me sitting in my car  speechless with the biggest smile plastered on my face.