Chapter 4

By the end of the day, I was dead tired. Not only that, I was emotionally drained. I didn't realize how much I would miss my friends from home. I felt quite lonely to be honest. But I did meet this one girl, Katelyn, I sat next to her in Algebra class. She seemed quite nice, but I didn't know if I could call her a "friend" just yet. 

The whole bus ride home was quite silent, Keaton went and sat next to Wes, so I was pretty much by myself. Once I got to my stop, Keaton, Wes and I all stood up and walked off the bus. 

"Wait." I heard Keaton say from behind me.

"Yeah?" 

"Here." He handed me a folded up slip of paper, winked at me, and walked away. I was making a guess it was his cellphone number, and I'm guessing you had to be in some special kind of club to be able to get Keaton's number. (Since he was the most wanted boy in our grade.) 

I slowly opened the door to my house. "Hey mom!" I shouted.

"Hi sweetie! How was your first day of school?" She asked.

"Eh, it was fine. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either." 

"Well that's, good!" She said. "Any homework?"

"Nope." I said as I made my way up the stairs towards my bedroom. 

I grabbed my phone off the bedside table, went to my contacts, and put in Keaton's name and number. Just as I went to put it back, I felt it buzz in my hand. 

"Hey Jules! It's Katelyn!"  

"Oh, hey! I gotta go right now, but I'll text you back later! Bye!" 

Tonight was the talent show at my school, I wasn't going to be in it, but I decided to go and watch. I changed my outfit, shoved some mac and cheese down my throat, grabbed my bag, and left. The school was close enough to walk to, but I had to cross a main road to get there, that's the only reason they wouldn't let me walk. I took out my phone and wrote out a text to Keaton.

"Hey, are you going to the talent show at school tonight?" 

Before I could even close my phone, I got a text back, 

"Um, yeah, kind of. I guess you could say that. ;)"

I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. But I guess I'd just have to wait and see..