Chapter 1

Yes, I was the new girl in town. I moved to Hunington Beach, California, from all the way across the country in Massachusetts. I had to meet all new people, make new friends, and get used to a new school. Which I wasn't very good at. 

My dad was abusive towards my mom, that's how this whole thing started. My mom picked me up from school one day, I had no clue what was going on, that is until she told me we were leaving. She packed every single thing I had, bought our plane tickets, rented out an apartment, and we moved as far away as we possibly could from my father. I didn't actually mind moving away from him, I was quite happy I wouldn't have to listen to the screaming all the time, and now I didn't have to worry about my mom getting hurt throughout the day. 

I started getting butterflies in my stomach as I packed my backpack and set out my clothes the night before my first school day at Hunington Beach High. After all that was done, I laid down in my bed, (Which wasn't really much of a bed right now, simply a matress on the floor.) pulled the covers over me, and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

My alarm clock rang around 6AM. I literally dragged myself out of bed. I didn't want to be up this early, and I didn't want to start at a new school with new people eaither. I grabbed my outfit, and practically threw it on. I went to the bathroom to straighten my hair and put on a bit of make up. 

As I walked downstairs, I saw my mom in the kitchen cooking breakfast, it was our first full week in California, and for moving here so quickly, I'd like to say we've ajusted well. 

"Morning Mom." I said while rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning honey, I made you some breakfast, it's right on the table, ready for your first day of school?" 

"Eh, not really. I'm not into the whole 'making new friends' thing."

"I don't think anyone really likes that." She chuckled. "But you'll eventually get used to it, and you'll have new friends in no time, there's no need to worry." 

I sighed pushing my chair in and grabbing my backpack. I walked out the door, the bus picked me up right at the corner of the street, with a few other kids apparently. Once I got to the corner of the street, I saw two boys standing there, one of them seemed to be a bit older than the other. 

"Hey." I said quietly looking at the ground. 

"Oh, hey." They both said, nearly in unicen. 

"Are you new here?" The younger looking one asked.

"Erm, yeah, I moved here from Massachusetts about a week ago." I said. "And I'm Julia by the way." 

"I'm Keaton, and this is my brother Wes." He smiled. Wes looked up from his phone for a few seconds to smile and wave at me. "I could show you around today if you want?" Keaton said.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled. "I'd love that."