Chapter 3

First up, Biology. 

This was my all time least favorite class, not going to lie. And it will continue to be my least favorite class here, all the way across the country. 

I didn't really know much about Keaton yet, all I knew was that his brother was Wes, their best friend was Drew Chadwick, and Keaton's one of those guys that every single girl likes, but he doesn't want to date any of them because he's afraid of hurting someone, so he just stays best friends with all of them. And I kind of found that adorable. He's not like the other douchebags at my old school, and he's even different then anyone here, he's the only one that's offered to help me around this whole time. 

We walked into Biology, where the teacher had set out name tags on the lab tables for each of us to sit at. From what I could see, they were set up in alphabetical order, which meant me and Keaton would be sitting somewhere near each other, Keaton Stromberg, Julia Stevenson, you catch my drift.

"Good Morning class." Mr. Gervais began speaking. "As you can see I've already assigned seats for you, if you have a problem with your seat, please come speak to me privately, because the person sitting next to you will be your lab partner for the remainder of the year. 

I heard multiple sighs from all over the room, but surprisingly, I actually didn't mind my seat. Keaton was my only friend in California right now, and it kind of made me feel comfortable to have him around. I mean, I don't want him holding my hand throughout the rest of high school, but just for right now, I needed someone. Someone to just help me through all this, practically running away from home, and my father. Having no male figure in my life, no one to really look up to at this point. (My mom wasn't in the best of shape.), starting at a new school, making new friends, and moving into a completely different envoirment. It was hard. 

"There's no talking to your lab partner unless I instruct you to, or if you two are working on a lab together." Mr. Gervais said. "When I'm talking, I should be the only one talking, I don't want to hear your mouths blabbering on about your problems to each other. Save that for home." 

I could already see it, this is going to be an interesting year, my first real year of high school..