First Officer x Sailor!Child!fem!Reader

Requested by ProfessorPuppet

This one of the occasion where I'll change the reader's backstory to fit the story better.

Also Jose is daddy af, just sayin'

I hope you like it darling <3
_______________________________________

The sounds of waves echoes in my ears. Morning sun shines through the windowsill has became my natural alarm.

Morning has came, time to wake up.

I got up and tidy up my bed. After that I wash my face, brush my teeth and I wore my usual clothes.

Then I head to the living room.

"Good morning Mr.Baden!"

I gave Mr.Baden a salute.

"Ah, good morning (y/n). I see you're as cheerful as always"

"Of course! Gotta face the sea with a smile after all"

"Good good, I like that spirit of yours. Now go have breakfast. After that can you clean the ship deck? I need to sail this afternoon"

"Aye aye captain!"

My name is (y/n)(l/n). I'm 10 y.o. Once I was no one but a street rat. But since Viscount Baden took me in. I became one of Mr.Badens right hand man, or kid?. I don't know why though. There's a lot of other better crews than me.

But whatever, I choose not to ask. The main thing is I owe Mr.Baden a lot.

I had my breakfast and immediately went to the ship with cleaning equipment.

I start to sweep the deck of the ship.

"(y/n)!"

I turned my head around when I heard someone called my name.

"Jose! Mooorning"

I hugged him. He hugged me back.

I usually give salutes to Mr.Baden and his crews. But for Jose, I always give him a hug.

The one that convinces Mr.Baden to took me in was Jose after all, that's why I'm really close with him.

"Cleaning the deck?"

"Yup! Mr.Baden said he wants to sail this afternoon. Is it business stuff?"

"No. Father just want to take a relaxing sail on the ocean"

"Are you gonna be the First Officer?"

"As always, yes. Is that even a question?"

"Yaaaay, that means I can sail with you!"

Yes, even though I'm one of Mr.Baden's right hand man, I was only allowed to sail whenever Jose is the First Officer.

Which is usually 99.9% of the time so I don't mind.

"Well then, can I leave the semaphore business to you again (y/n)?"

"Aye aye cap--errr Mate!"
(fyi another name for First Officers are Chief Mates and/or First Mates. The more you know)

Jose chuckled and pets my head.

"Now, let me help you clean this deck"

"What!? No it's fine. You're the First Officer, you're supposed to watch over other crews, reports to captain and--

"Let a 10 y.o girl clean a gigantic deck herself? No. Also the sooner we clean this the sooner we'll sail"

The sooner we'll sail. The sooner we get to see, the great blue sea (wow that rhymed)