26 - Surprise From Shockers

Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless. ~B. F. Skinner

Michael's POV

Sick barely described it. I was absolutely sick of Vanessa's dumb little clique. They were just aggravating to see because I knew they were horrid people. They always smirked at me while passing me down the halls.

"Michael, I can feel the tensity emanating off of you." Luke pulled me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry." I sighed and ran fingers through my hair. Luke and I were currently leaving the school, heading to the library like always.

I climbed in Luke's car and he drove the opposite way of the library.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm being spontaneous." Luke said and I sat wide eyed. Luke? Spontaneous? "Don't appear so surprised."

"You're never spontaneous. You're tight schedule and routine." I said.

"This is true, but I'm breaking my habit for you." Luke gave a cheeky smile.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"Shush! It's a secret." Luke giggled and I was a little taken back by the girly noise, but I couldn't help to shake my head and chuckle along.

"Stop seeing, Michael." Luke said and I looked at him, confused. "Close your eyes."

"Fine." I sighed and leaned back and did as I was told.

"And do not reopen them until my instruction, no matter what the circumstance." Luke said.

"What if -"

"Not even if I'm being brutally murdered." Luke said and I chuckled but said nothing else. Instead I focused on the quiet music pouring from the speakers. I eventually felt the car come to a halt and the engine stop. I continued waiting as Luke pulled me out of the car and had me take a few steps forward.

"You may peak." Luke whispered and I opened my eyes and I glanced at the building in front of us. A resturant..

"Luke, what is this?" I chuckled nervously.

"I'm taking you on an activity known as a date." Luke smiled. "I remembered coming here before my parents were too preoccupied with work and before being a brainiac was my name. I thought it would be appreciated to take you here, too."

"Then let's go." I smiled and took Luke's hand. His face tinted slightly as we walked in, immediately engulfed in the primarily red interior.

"Tada." Luke said quietly and we were escorted to a table. The waitress asked what we wanted to drink, each of us responding with water.

"So, little Lukey is being spontaneous?" I smirked.

"I would say I am being fairly unpredictable, yes." (A/N couldn't help myself I am so sorry.) Luke smirked as he took a sip through the straw.

"Cute." I rolled my eyes and listened to Luke laugh in response. "So why'd you do this? I am honestly shocked."

"Am I not allowed to take my boyfriend on a date?" Luke smirked.

"Yeah but without planning?"

"Calum said you like surprises." Luke slumped in his seat, a frown crosses his features.

"Luke I am surprised and I do enjoy this." I laughed lightly. "You're just shocking me by doing."

"I wanted to do a nice activity for you." Luke said quietly while glancing at his hands. "For the reason you are very often doing kindness for me."