15 - The Bad Student

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn. ~Benjamin Franklin

Luke's POV

"Michael you are without a doubt the worse student I have ever had the misfortune to teach and I mean that in the nicest way possible." I sighed. Michael just got distracted so easily, refused to learn and even when he tried it wouldn't be for long because he didn't understand.

"Hey Luke," Michael said. "What happens to a frog's car when it breaks down?"

"I don't care."

"It gets toad away." Michael chuckled.

"Michael you need to -"

"You didn't laugh!" Michael snapped at me.

"I don't believe your jokes are funny." I sighed. "I've told you this before. I don't have an extensive amount of humor."

"What do you call a bear with no teeth?" Michael poked my arm as he spoke.

"Michael I'm trying to -"

"A gummy bear!" Michael cut me off, throwing his arms in the air.

"Michael -"

"What is Mozart doing right now? Decomposing!"

"Michael listen to me!" I snapped at him and he returned to a serious face. "I'm trying to assist you with your mathematics Michael, but I can not help you with them if you don't let me."

"I don't like learning with you though.." Michael mumbled as he laid his head in his arms. "You're really smart so then I feel really stupid."

"Michael I am more intelligent then many." I sighed. "I apologize for the fact that my intelligence makes you feel that way. But I can't change the fact that this is who I am. Maybe you should have looked at actual tutors instead of asking me when I know I couldn't be much help."

"You expect too much out of me." Michael sighed.

"I don't expect anything out of you academically." I said as I lowered my head down to his level. "You can only have so much knowledge and absorb and understand so much. I'm not expecting you to be Einstein or Tesla or anyone but Michael Clifford." As I spoke I put my hand on the top of his head and gently stroked his hair.

"You know and understand everything though, it's not fair." Michael huffed.

"No I don't." I laughed lightly. "There is a lot that I don't understand and even more that I don't know."

"What don't you understand then?" Michael asked as he sat up.

"People."

"People?"

"M-Michael I can't socialize for-for the life of me." I stumbled slightly over myself. "S-See? I stutter just t-thinking about i-it." With that Michael gave a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry Luke." Michael said softly. "I didn't mean to be such a jerk, I'm sorry. I'm trying really hard to learn but it's hard to learn when you have no interest in a subject."

"Well, that's understandable. It's hard to participate in activities you don't enjoy." I sighed. "It's simply equation learning so I can't give you this elaborate story to help you fill in everything. But, for every answer you get right..I could find a reward for you I suppose."

"Will you kiss me?" Michael smiled. "For every answer?"

"I-I guess..If that helps you learn.." I mumbled and Michael nodded with a smile as he scooted his chair closer to me.