14 - Ignorance

Let us always meet each other with smile; for the smile is the beginning of love. ~Mother Teresa

Michael's POV

Luke was ignoring me..It was clear to anyone. Even an idiot like me.

"Luke what happened?" I asked as I followed him down the hallway. "Luke, talk to me." Nothing. "Luke! Can't you hear me?!"

Then the most unexpected thing happened.

Luke finally snapped as he pushed me hard into the lockers, his knuckles turning white with the grip on the collar of my shirt.

"L-Luke!?" I stumbled.

"I. Hate. You." He snarled and I wasn't about to just let Luke do this. So I pushed him back and switched positions with him.

"I am not about to let you have your way." I snarled back. "I am not going to look like the little weakling here against Luke Hemmings, the nerdiest loser of all of NSHS." Luke made a whimpering noise. "And you, are not going to blame whatever happened on me because it is not my fault." I pulled Luke's face closer to mine. "I am done playing games with you Luke. I'm done with the fighting and the constant arguing. I am done with it. So, I am going to tell you as it is." I took a deep breath. "Luke, I really like you and I have a feeling that you feel the same way." Luke scoffed. I rolled my eyes and slammed him against the lockers with my lips. He froze against me but eventually melted into me. "I want to be with you.." I mumbled against him. "But that means you have to give into me completely. Trust me, talk to me, you have to be willing to be as much a part of this as I would be. I don't think you're ready for that though."

"I-I am." Luke said with a panicked expression.

"Then tell me why you're mad." I sighed.

"Cause I got a detention." Luke pouted out his lower lip. That's what he's upset about? Really? "And my parents are going to implode."

I sighed. "Luke it's not that big of a deal."

"I-It is to me!" Luke argued.

"Alright, alright." I sighed and put my hands on his shoulders. "Relax, Luke."

"I am relaxed."

"Okay," I said. "It'll be alright Luke, I promise. It's just detention. You sit down in a room doing nothing for thirty minutes, trust me I've done it hundreds of times. Okay?"

"Okay.." Luke mumbled and played with his fingers. "I'm sorry Mikey."

"It's okay." I said and kissed his forehead. "C'mon, we should get going. Maybe you can make it to last period on time." I grabbed Luke's hand and began to drag him down the hallway. "What do you have last period?"

"I don't have a class last period.." Luke said quietly.

"What?" I stopped working. "Everyone does."

"Not me." Luke shrugged.

"Oh..Okay then? What do you usually do then?" I asked.

"I go to the library." Luke said and I rolled my eyes. "Pardon me, I saw that!"

"Whoops." I smiled at Luke and he simply rolled his own eyes. "Hey I saw those pretty eyes of yours rolling." I watched in achievement as Luke's cheeks tinted at the simple compliment. "You're so bashful."

"I know!" Luke squeaked. "You should go to last period, I-I'm going to the library."

"When's your detention?" I asked and watched Luke's face constrict at the very thought.