7 - The Cold Breeze

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. ~Dalai Lama

Luke's POV

It was Saturday, the wind blew up through my jacket and chilled me, but I was making my way to the store. I had to pick up some supplies for school. Not that I didn't have some before, I just blew through papers and pencils and notebooks and other essentials so quickly.

It was freezing though, I didn't expect it to be so cold.

"Well well well. If it isn't Hemmings." I turned around and saw Calum Hood and instantly shrunk. Calum was never mean to me, but you know, there's a first for everything. "Don't worry, I'm not here to beat you up. But what are you doing walking around in the cold?"

"I-I needed to purchase supplies." I mumbled.

"Oh, I see." Calum nodded.

"Why-Why are you outside, if it's as cold as you claim?" I asked.

"Oh I'm just waiting for Mikey." Calum smiled. "Or Michael. Hey, you guys are friends, right?"

"I-I don't honestly know."

"People are starting to give him more and more hell for being missing, no one knows where he goes, but I have a feeling that he's with you." Calum said and I shrugged.

"Probably."

"You know, and I'm not trying to chase you away, but a Michael is going to have a rough time if people find out that you're friends." Calum sighed. "But, this is the happiest I've seen Michael in a while."

I felt complicated about this. I didn't want Michael to get teased, but I didn't want Michael to be sad. It seemed unavoidable.

"Lukey!" I jumped at the familiar voice and turned and saw Michael smiling. "Caly!"

"Mikey!" Calum yelled and the two embraced each other before Michael turned back to me.

"What are you doing, Luke?" Michael asked.

"I-I nothing! I was actually about to-to leave, I didn't mean to d-disturb. I-I will be going now." I said nervously.

"You're walking?" Michael asked with a frown. "Luke you'll get a cold. Here come with Calum and I."

"Yeah! We can all hang out!" Calum smiled and gave Michael a high five.

"Um.." I mumbled. I didn't really feel comfortable hanging out with them, so I just shook my head.

"Luke, c'mon. It'll be fun." Michael begged and pulled on my wrist.

"Do you want us to go shopping with you?" Calum asked with a mischievous smirk and I shot him the death glare.

"You were going shopping?" Michael asked.

"He needed to pick up supplies for something." Calum said.

"S-School." I said quietly.

"Let us come with you!" Michael clapped and how could I say no to that? So of course I reluctantly nodded and Michael yelled giddily and pulled me to his car where he shoved me in the back. Calum and Michael climbed in the front and I tucked up my legs after buckling up. Something I noticed Calum and Michael didn't do.

Calum and Michael sang loudly on the way there and I'm sure if they weren't screaming they could at least be semi-decent.

When we arrived at the store Michael and Calum made me let them come with me and they skipped around the store while I went to get what I came for.

In a routine state I began to sing quietly. Lyrics to The Light Behind Your Eyes by My Chemical Romance left my mouth.

"If I, could be with you tonight, I would sing you to sleep, never let them take the light behind your eyes. I'll fail and lose this fight, never fade in the dark, just remember you will always burn as bright." I sang. Just as I went to sing the next line I heard clapping and froze.

"Luke that was amazing!" Michael said as him and Calum squeezed me between them.

"Um.." I mumbled. "I..Uh.." I pushed them away from me in order to increase my comfort level. "Let's not discuss it."

"No we're gonna talk about it all the time!" Michael said.

"Whatever, I have finished. I am going to purchase these items." I sighed and walked away from the two idiots following me. I bought my things and followed Michael and Calum back to the car.

"We should go bowling." Michael gasped and slapped Calum's arm. I'm guessing he just got the idea from his phone by the way he was looking at it.

"I don't bowl." I said.

"You don't have to but you still should come." Michael smiled at me. He was always so full of happiness and joy. It was..infectious.

Michael drove to the bowling alley, I didn't even know it still existed, but we arrived and Michael jumped out of the car and walked towards the brown building, a small spring in his step.

"See what I told you?" Calum smiled at me. I nodded. "You know Lucas,"

"Luke."

"I know." Calum said. "I thought you were really weird, but honestly, I think you are an adorable nerd."

"Hey! Only I am allowed to call him adorable!" Michael yelled at Calum.

"Fine, Luke you are a hot nerd." Calum smirked. "You're very bashful."

"I know.." I mumbled.

"Aw poor Lukey, getting all frustrated cause people think he's beautiful." Michael laughed as he joined us instead of walking ten feet in front of us.

"Can we just proceed and cease today? This is becoming simply too torturous for my cranium." I sighed and ran my hand down my face.

"What?" Calum laughed.

"I think he wants us to get today over with." Michael laughed lightly. "Cause it's too much for him to handle. Cal, our sass is too much for Luke." Michael and Calum began to argue about who had more sass and I let my eyes drift over to Michael and just smile at him. Not even listening. Michael looked to me and did a double take before realizing that I was looking at him. He looked back to Calum but this time his face was turning red, maybe because of the cold. But I highly doubted it.

"After you lovely gentleman." Michael opened the door for us, bowing as he did it. I rolled my eyes as Calum bowed back and we entered the warm bowling alley. But I warmed up only to freeze as I turned to the right and saw a group sitting at the table..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Its short I'm sorry :(

I'm just having a crap day and wanted this chapter to end.

I'm also really tired.

Excuses excuses.

Okay.

Hugs \(•w•)/