18 - Study Nerds

Nothing strengthens security so much as silence. ~Leonardo da Vinci

Luke's POV

I was sitting with Ashton in the library and it was fairly calm for both of us to be working on some mathematics. I didn't get much sleep after the night before but I managed to pull a strong front.

Well, I was able to.

Of course, we had to be bothered by Victor, Garret and Brandon. Ashton and I exchanged sorrowful looks and then back up to the three.

"Well well well. Looks like we can put up our 'nerd-alert' boys." Victor chuckled. "I would like you to meet someone Luke and..You." He had looked to Ashton with disgust before gesturing to a tall muscular man behind them.

"Uh oh." Ashton mumbled and slowly put his things away. As did I.

"This, is Johnny." Victor said. "Johnny, this is the biggest geek of NSHS who is on our regular schedule. This is his nerdy friend Ashton. Boys, be polite and say hi."

"Hello?" Ashton said. "You know we should probably get going, so we'll see you around."

"Oh no. Where do you think you're going?" Brandon asked as Ashton gently pulled me out of the library.

"Run." Ashton squeaked and we bolted for the door, slamming out of it and down the steps. We dropped our bags near the stairs where they couldn't see them and took off down the road as fast as we could. For two nerds we were pretty fast.

Eventually we ran into Winston and Terri who stopped us.

"No please let us go." Ashton said while panting.

"We aren't going to hurt you.." Winston said. "What's going on?"

"We're being chased. By Victor and Johnny and Garret and Brandon." I said between breaths.

"Come with us." Terri said.

"Why should we trust you?" Ashton narrowed his eyebrows at Terri.

"You don't have a choice considering they're right there." Winston said and pointed towards the street down the road. "C'mon."

We got in Winston's car and drove down the road. Away from them as they looked around and cursed at the fact they couldn't see us. They then began checking stores.

"Why are you assisting us?" I finally asked.

"Let's just say this whole 'being on top means you have to be a bully' thing is starting to get to me. And if Michael can be friends with whoever and do whatever then why can't I?" Winston said.

"Vanessa is a control freak." Terri sighed. "She would do anything and everything to keep someone in their place. But Michael has always been above her, so she can't do anything about what he does."

"Huh, so now other kids will start to do it?" Ashton asked. "No more cliques?!"

"That's the idea." Terri said. "I don't know how it would work though. But now that Luke and Michael are together it shows the nerds and the popular kids. I mean, Gretchen and Jerry just started dating. Look at them." Gretchen was extremely geeky and Jerry was a huge athlete.

"The prophecy is coming true!" Winston yelled.

"The what?" I asked.

"Nah I'm just messing with you, there is no prophecy." Winston chuckled. "That'd be weird."

"Yeah.." Ashton said. "You're kinda, geeky Winston."

"Oh I know." Winston said. "I'm a huge geek. I always had to be super careful around the others."

"I feel like nobody is as perfect as Vanessa likes to think she is." Ashton said.

"She's so not." Terri chuckled.

"Anyways, here you can get your car and then head back to Michael." Winston said as we arrived at the library.

"How'd you -"

"We pay more attention then you think." Winston winked and Ashton I climbed out of the car.

"I guess we have allies on the other side." Ashton said.

"We need to discuss this with Michael." I said and got in my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION:

Yay! This might be the last chapter for today cause I have lots of homework but I don't know.

So yeah if you get bored you can always look at my other stuff ;D

Lol that self-advertisement though.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX