Chapter 10: Meet the Pack

I ran as fast as I could.

I looked behind to see Coach chasing after us. Becca and I laughed at the sight of him - panting.

We ran outside, onto the track field. I could feel a lot of eyes on us but I couldn't stop laughing and neither could Becca.

"Oh. We are so dead." Becca laughed to me. I smiled at her, glad to have my best friend back.

"So, what have I missed?" I asked, hoping for some good news.

"Well, wouldn't you like to know?" Becca teased. "Right, there are three new guys on the team-"

"Oh my god! Three??" I cut her off, stunned. This wasn't normal.

"Yes, AND-" She began again.

"Holy crap there's more?" I asked, once again cutting her off.

"Yes! And if you let me finish then you will know!"

"Ah, sorry."

"AND they are super hot!" Becca squealed.

"Oh good Lord!!" I sighed.

I looked around at the track - it felt good to be home. I missed running, I missed Becca, I even missed Coach. I was getting lost in my thoughts when Becca gasped and began to shake my arm.

"Speak of the devil - here they come!" She said, a little to enthusiastically.

I turned around to see Ethan, Jake and Jeremy make their way towards us.

"Hang on." I said, pulling Becca back, "They are the three guys?" I asked confused.

"Yeah! Aren't they pretty?"

I sighed, "Are you feeling okay?" Becca never got this hung over guys - EVER.

"Yeah, yeah." Becca pushed me off.

Ethan, Jake and Jeremy were now in front of Becca and I, and Ethan didn't look all that happy.

"Hey Dan." Jeremy said, smiling at me. Something was wrong.
"Hey guys." I smiled back. What was wrong? Ethan looked pissed but he wasn't saying anything.

Then it hit me. Well poked me actually. "You know them?" Becca said, nudging into my arm.
Ah. He won't say anything in front of Becca - must be wolf related?
"Oh yeah. Hey guys this is Becca. Becca this is Jeremy, Jake and Ethan."
"Hey." Jeremy and Jake said together but Ethan remained silent. Something's definitely up.

"OKAY!" Coach shouted at Becca and I. He had finally caught up and had given us a lecture - not on defying him and running away but on the speed that we were running. "What even was that crap you two were pulling? Have you been slacking off or something? Becca you've slowed down a lot in class and Danielle, you've clearly not been doing anything! Ridiculous! I want to see you two girls after school and you both need to get back up to your normal standards."

"Yes Coach..." We both said.

A/N: HI!!! I APOLOGISE I AM SO SORRY!!!!!! I haven't updated in 3 weeks or something and I am super sorry! I know this is short and I know it is terrible BUT it hopefully will satisfy you amazing people for now!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read my new story "Knocking on Death's Door" it's a romantic, humorous thriller and it will be most likely a lot better than this story! But it doesn't have werewolves or healers - it's about the undead and that all I am gonna say.
BUT PLEASE GIVE IT A SHOT!

- vote rate comment follow -
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️