Chapter 13: Healer Part 1

A strong smell filled my noise. Morphine.

I forced my eyes open and was blinded by a white light which bounced off the stark white walls. I blinked more times that I could count and attempted to adjust my eyes.

I was lying on a hospital bed, a drip to my left and a white table to my right with a chart on top. There was nothing else in the room, aside from the bright blinding lights. A door faced opposite where I lay in the bed.

I was wearing one of those hospital gowns that shows your butt because they make you were the gown the wrong was around. Thankfully I was wearing pants and my body was wrapped in what seemed like bandages.

Where the hell was I?

I pulled the dript from my arm. God that hurt. I felt drowsy but I managed to keep myself alert. I lifted the chart on top of the table beside me. I had to blink several times more for my eyes to finally adjust.

"Patient: Danielle Knight," I whispered to myself. My eyes scanned down all the medication that had been used and had to be used in the next - shit - ten minutes.

My eyes travelled down to the end of the chart when something caught my eye.

"Species: Healer," I said to myself once more. What the hell was what? I'm human.

Yes, definitely human.

I threw the chart back on the table and tried to gather my thoughts. Thankfully the morphine was wearing off but a pain in my back drew my attention. Holy shit that was sore!

I scanned the room once more and saw that in the corner of the room was a mirror. I threw my legs over the bed and my feet shivered as the touched the cold, white ground of the tile.

As I stood, I made sure to hold myself up by the bed and the walls. I made my way to the mirror and turned around to look at my back.

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF PANCAKES!!

My back, although covered entirely with bandages which I presumed were originally white, were leaking with what I assumed to be blood. No wonder I was drugged up on morphine.

I needed to get out of here.

There was a window in the door and so I looked out to see if anyone was about. And there was. Two guards to be precise.

Oh crap. Now what?

I made my way back to the bed and looked inside the desk as it had several drawers. I opened them to find various needles and cutting equipment. Perfect.

I grabbed two knives which I hid easily under my gown and six needles which I tided to my waist under my gown. Now for some action. I knocked over the dript beside my bed which made a louder noise that expected. Outside the door I heard movement and a ruckus. I leaned over the bed and yelled, "HELP!" The two guards who were originally outside were now inside the white room with me.

"Please! Help me!" I pleaded with the guards. "My back...it hurts..." I whimpered. The two who were holding some form of weapon looked at each other and then nodded. The first guard came closer to me and lay down his weapon.

"It's okay miss, we'll help you." The first guard said as he approached me.

"Please, is my back okay? It seems sore and wet. Can you fix it?" I said as I leaned over the bed.

The first guard came closer and closer until he was directly behind me. I could feel his hand come closer to my back and before he could touch me, I grabbed it. I spun around and stabbed one of the needles into his neck. He stumbled back, dazed and then fell to the ground. As that was happening the other guard made his way towards me and lunged at me. I rolled myself over the bed and ran towards the door. Unfortunately, the man grabbed me around the waste, digging his chin into my back and throwing both of us backwards.

I began to bite at his hands, which made him release me. He hit me around the end with the weapon he was still holding but it made no effect on me. I quickly grabbed another syringe and stabbed the man in the neck. He too was out for the count.

I didn't know how much time I had left. I was due a revisit soon and I wanted to be long gone by the time anyone else got here. I grabbed one of the weapons the men were holding and walked out the door.

I am so getting out of here.

A/N: Hey guys. Yeah I know it's been FOREVER. And I know this is pretty shit BUT I thought I'd at least write something for you guys.

Anyways - EASTER BREAK SOON - so hopefully that means = MORE CHAPTERS.

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments and votes; they mean the world to me!!

Keep voting and commenting and following and sharing: BUT importantly keep reading <3