Chapter 14: Healer Part 2

I ran down the white, narrow corridor which had doors exactly like mine but locked. I took a left at the bottom, which lead to another long white, narrow corridor. I made my way down and took another turn. I don't know how many turns I took but it felt like forever since I had left my room and when I stopped my blood turned cold. One of the doors was open. I made my way towards it.

"Please, please, please, don't be mine." I whispered to myself.

I looked inside and as I dreaded it was my room. I've been going around in circles. The worrying thing was, however, the two men were gone and I was left hopeless. My breathing began to pick up and I could feel myself breaking into a cold sweat.

 Okay calm down Danielle. It will be fine. Just think.

I stood there for what felt like hours when I finally thought of an idea. A terrible one. But at least it was an idea.

I walked down the narrow corridor again, and looked inside each door window. In the first room, there was a boy. A very young boy and he was lying in his bed — asleep from what I could tell. I opened the door and walked into the room. I picked up his chart beside his bed. His room was exactly like mine: a hospital bed, which the boy lay on, a drip beside him, a table with drawers and a mirror on the wall. I read the chart.

"Patient: Joan Mc Kee," I read to myself, "Injury: Leg transplant." I looked over at the boy, and then to his leg which wasn't fully covered. I could see from where I was standing, that there was something metal like under the sheet. Poor kid.

I read further down the sheet, "Species: Werewolf."

I placed the chart back down on the table and made my way around the bed, to the drip. I quickly pulled the needle out from the boys arm. After a while, the boy began to come to and moaned a little as he felt his leg. He had not opened his eyes yet, and I did not want to startle him.

I coughed a little so he knew there was someone else in the room. His eyes flew open but relaxed when they saw me. "Hey," I said. I hadn't a clue what to say, this boy didn't even know me.

"Hi..." He replied. The silence that filled the room was louder than a thunder storm. But was soon broken by Joan.

"How'd you get out?" He asked, curiosity in his voice.  

I laughed a little, "Well, long story short: I'm a lot smarter than I look."

Joan laughed a little too, but his face slowly grew sad, "What are we going to do, Danielle?"

"I'm not sur — Wait. How do you know my name?" I asked.

"What do you mean? We're friends." He replied.

I stared at the boy, thinking how I could I have known him.

"Danielle? You okay?" He asked, worry covering his face.

I couldn't think. Why couldn't I remember anything? My breathing began to increase, faster and faster. Oh. I don't know what I'm doing here. Tears began to fill my eyes. What am I? Who am I?

A loud crash came from outside, in the corridor, which brought me out of hyperventilation. I looked towards the door and grabbed the knife under my gown. I made my way towards the door and motioned for Joan to stay where he was. I was inches from the door and as I made my out there was no one there.

Well that was what I thought. Until I felt a pair of hands cover my mouth and grab my arm, pulling it back so that I couldn't move.

"Drop the knife." A low, deep voice said behind me. I did as the person said and dropped the knife — remembering that I had another under my gown. The person spun me around and then released me immediately. "Danielle?" A tall boy stood in front of me, he was dressed as I was and his blue eyes looked frantic. He had brown hair, shaved at the sides and long on top which was pulled into a bun.