Chapter 8: Pack your bags

Warm arms encircled my waist and fingers drew circles along my tummy. It felt nice - really nice. I could feel a warm breath on the back of my neck and my nose was filled with a wonderful musk smell; kind of like the hoodie that Jennifer gave me. I must have fallen asleep, because it was slightly dark out but the morning sun was slowly making its way into the sky. I turned around slightly to see a sleeping Ethan resting his head on his shoulder. His neck is going to kill when he wakes up. My eyes travelled down from his face to his chest - it was bare. He must have taken his t-shirt off when I was asleep? I checked to see if he had trousers on and thankfully he did (a pair of grey sweats). I rested my head back and began to feel my eyes droop slowly; how the hell am I tired?!

Right I need to get up, I thought to myself. I looked down at Ethan's arms caging me into him - well that was going to be a problem. I peeled Ethan's arms from my waist and was about to roll off him but he gripped back on and we ended up on a pile on the floor (Ethan on top might I add).

"Danny..." Ethan mumbled, clearly he had not fully woken up yet. I squirmed under his body and tried to push him off but it was no use.

"Ethan, you're squashing me here." I said, loud enough for him to each as he seemed to have fallen back asleep. He heard me and immediately was hovering over me; his arms at either side of my head.

This seemed oddly familiar.

His eyes were fully awake as they bore into mine. I suddenly became very aware that I most likely looked an absolute mess. My hair in the morning was usually a tree; different branches of hair sticking out every-freaking-where and my eyes probably had dark circles under them. Not to mention my breath!! Thank goodness we had noses to breathe through or else any relationship would be washed down the drain. I closed my mouth and tried to calmly breathe through my nose - yeah this wasn't going to work.

Ethan was still hovering over me despite my, god knows how long, rant in my head and his eyes never left mine. It must have been minutes and Ethan was still hovering - wasn't his arms sore or something?! I didn't know how to break the silence but my stomach sure knew how to as it rumbled so loud that I think the birds in the trees outside heard it. I could feel my cheeks beginning to burn and I averted my gaze from Ethan's. Calm down Danielle. It's not like you farted or something - the thought made my cheeks burn even more and suddenly the hovering Ethan wasn't hovering anymore. He was on his feet and his hand was held out for me, "Hungry?" He chuckled, his fingers wiggling and willing me to grab a hold of his hand.

I reached up, grabbing his hand and we made our way into the kitchen.

* * *

JENNIFER'S p.o.v:

It was the day after Danielle and I had went running and I still couldn't believe what I had witnessed. I came home after I couldn't find Danielle to ask for help but the boys told me that Ethan had called and said that Danielle was with him. Daphne had arrived later that day and kept asking me what was wrong but even I didn't know what was wrong. I still didn't fully understand.

I heard a knock at my bedroom door (which I hadn't come out of since yesterday) and I could smell that it was Jake. "Come in." The door opened to revel Jake who looked mighty fine in his sweats and a black t-shirt. I smiled up at him, "Hey you."

He smiled back at me, "Hey stranger. What ya doing up here?" I looked down at my hands which were on the desk I was sitting down at. I didn't know how to tell him, or even if I should? I mean I didn't even believe what I saw, but it happened... I think. "It's okay if you don't wanna talk; I'm just making sure you know I'm here to listen." My eyes began to swell with tears, I hated keeping things from him. "Oh Jesus, baby what is it?" Jake was now at my side and his eyes were pained with worry and confusion. His hands were wiping all the tears that escaped my eyes, "Baby, it's okay, it's okay."