Chapter 12

There is a moment, right between the second you wake up and the second you realise you did something horrendously stupid, where everything is right with the world. It was a moment Aladdin cherished; awake enough to enjoy the feeling of silk sheets beneath his skin, yet not yet aware of the reason why he was there lying on such finery.

Alas, these moments never last long, even though I’m sure we all wish they did. Aladdin most of all. For the moment he remembered what had transpired, the magical moment was gone and blind panic set in.

‘What have I done?’ Aladdin asked himself, eyes wide in horror as he finally registered the condition he was in.

Aladdin dared to turn his head, trying in vain to ignore the painful ache in his rear and the sticky substance coated across his chest and rear. Maybe if he ignored it, then it would go away. Or so Aladdin desperately hoped.

“You’re awake” Jafar stated, drawing Aladdin’s attention to him.

“Yes master”. The response was automatic; Aladdin hadn’t even had time to think before saying it. It had become instinctive for him to respond in such a way.

“Are you in pain?” Aladdin wasn’t sure how to react at that. The whole idea of Jafar actually being nice was a new one for sure.

“Sore. I’ve had worse”. Jafar frowned at that.

“Drink this, all of it”. Jafar thrust a strange vile under his nose. It was a testament to Aladdin’s loyalty and stupidity that he drank the contents in one go. Never even pausing to ask what it contained.

“Why?” It was yet another testament to Aladdin’s stupidity and loyalty, that he only asked after he’d already drained the vial.

“It works as a pain reliever. You may have suffered in the past, but I prefer my partners not to suffer in my bed. It only gives them more to complain about”. Jafar answered, moving out of Aladdin’s view.

“Complain? Who would complain about you? About that?” Aladdin looked away as Jafar re-entered his line of sight. As if merely mentioning what they’d done was shameful.

“You really are different from them aren’t you?” Jafar murmured, ignoring the confused look Aladdin sent his way. “My previous partners, not all but most of them, they believed they held power over me as I invited them into my bed. They would submit to me, do everything they could to make me favour them, and then ask outrageous demands of me in order to impress their idiot friends. Gold, jewels, whatever looked the most impressive and if I refused then they’d only whine and moan about how I was not fulfilling their needs. Foolish idiots, I rid myself of them as soon as was convenient for myself. But you…well you’re not like them now are you”. Jafar stated, moving to stand by the headboard.

“No master”. Had anyone else said it, they would have sounded arrogant and conceited. But Aladdin, he was only being honest. It was really quite refreshing.

“That’s why I have plans for you. Plans I never had for any of them”. Jafar ran his fingers through the boy’s hair. He looked good with longer hair; it gave him more to hold onto.

“What plans?” Aladdin asked, suddenly nervous.

“Patience my boy. It will all become clear in time” Jafar smirked. His smirk only grew wider as the boy squirmed underneath his gaze. To think it’d only been a few hours ago, since he had the boy squirming for an entirely different reason indeed.