Chapter 10 "would you like to sleep in my room tonight?"

I was laying in my bed upstairs and thinking about what had happened at school with Gun and in the car, "I was probably not feeling like myself and were hallucinating.... weird..... stuff.....yes that was what happened and I also felt like I was going to have a fever so."

I turned around in my bed a couple of times and tried to fall asleep but I couldn't stop thinking about what happened at school. Dad and mom were in the kitchen talking about something, every once in a while I could hear my name. I tried again to fall asleep but I could suddenly hear muffled voices from downstairs I listen closely and could hear now that Gun was getting scolded by Abby, his stepmother.

"HOW DARE YOU JUST VANISH LIKE THAT YOU STUPID RASCAL"
Abby screamed at him with her loud raw voice, her voice is usually soft when she's talking to my dad and her husband, and she often smiles at me and it starting to get a bit creepy actually she never stops smiling, what a witch.
"DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW WORRIED YOU'RE DAD HAS BEEN, IF YOU WEREN'T ROBERTS SON I WOULD HAVE KICKED YOU OUT OF HERE!"
She continued to scold him coldly.
WE ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HOURS FOR YOU TO RETURN!!!"

I can't just lay here and pretend like I can't hear it like every body else in this house. My mom and dad are in the kitchen and I have a feeling that there conversation is getting heated as well.

I walked out of my room and walked down the stairs trying to be subtle, when I came down I saw them standing in front of the door.
Gun were close to tears looking at the ground.
"ARE YOU EVEN GOING TO APOLOGIZE"
"I....didn't.....mean....." Gun tried to form a sentence while he also tried to hold in his tears.
"Hey!"
I interrupted him and stepped next to him. Gun looked at me for a split second and then looked back down at his feet. Abby were about to continue but she got interrupted.
"What is going on here?" said a loud voice.
I looked behind me and saw my dad walking over to us. I already knew it was him when I heard his voice and his hard steps, I could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Oh....hello Mister Benson, eh..don't mind us we're just having....a little talk about how school is going. Abby said and looked at us trying to smile a bit. This was the first time I saw her struggle to form her ugly smile.
Dad looked at us and then at Abby
"Is that true Off?, dad asked and looked down at me with his hands behind his back.

"Yeah that's true Mister Benson don't worry my mom...I mean Abby....were just asking if I was feeling safe at school and that I'm not getting bullied by other students" Gun answered instead of me and looked at me right after he finished his sentence, he nodded his head at me and said quietly, "I'm fine".

"Well then, good, I was just going to inform you Abby and Gun that tomorrow we're going on a trip together, all of us. We have already planned everything so there is no backing out we are all going tomorrow at 8 am."
Dad said looking at us and leaving without our respond.

It got quiet before Abby spoke.
"If this ever happens again I'll make sure that you will sleep in the streets Gun!" She walked away before I could say anything back. Now it was just the two of us standing there it got really quiet and tense real quick.

"So" we both said at the same time, we looked at each other and giggled a little.
"Eh...so..are y-you really okay" I asked
He just looked at me without giving me an answer.
"You know I'm s-sorry for....you know....tearing apart your bunny I really didn't mean to...and I didn't mean to make fun of your grand mom or anything....so yeah...I'm sorry"

I cringed at myself after saying sorry and avoided to look at him in the eyes.
He looked at me and hugged me and said,
"It's fine, thank you for coming to help me at school before it really means a lot to me so thanks."
When he was about to let go of me I pulled him in for another hug, I don't know why I did it but something just told me to do so.

"Off..eh can you let me go?" Gun asked with his head buried in my arms.
"Oh yeah sorry"
I can't believe that I just did that. No one can know about this at school, my reputation will be doomed
It got quiet again and you could hear the wind hitting the windows outside. And I could hear Gun breathing heavily. He looks so perfect at this very moments, his eyes are brown like chocolate his lips rosy.... "Stop it Off" I suddenly said out loud
"Huh?" Gun asked
"Nah nothing" I answered and looked away.
Now when I think about it where have Gun been sleeping all these nights. Maybe I should ask him to join me.....wait wait wait no, or maybe I should I don't want him to be near Abby.

"Hey Gun so....maybe..you would...I mean would you like to sleep in m-my room tonight?"
Gun looked speechless at me without blinking and I could suddenly feel a tiny feeling of regret, what did I just ask this boy, to sleep with me!?...oh my god, I'm literally going out of my mind...
"Okay" Gun suddenly said and walked towards the stairs up to my room.