Chapter 9 "For some reason I hugged him back"

"Wait Off you can't go alone it's starting to get dark!"

My mom screamed at me, but I had already gotten out of the house.

It was still pouring outside, I had only walked 3 meters from the house and I was already drained with water.

I didn't take my motorcycle, I just walked out in the street looking like a homeless person, I couldn't really think where to go I just looked around like an old man forgetting where his house was.

I countinued to walk for another 10 minutes and it was getting draker and colder. I forgot to bring my jacket when I left so my arms felt numb. I almost couldn't feel my legs.

I then felt my phone vibrate in my backpocket, shaking my legs back to life, I toock it out with my cold hands trying my best to unlock it with my frozen fingers.

It was a message from Emma.

-If you're looking for my brother as your mom says he's still in school hiding somewhere-

I looked at the screen for another 5 seconds after reading the text, why would he still be in school? it's already closed. I sighed and looked on the road ahead of me.

It's to late to go back now, I countinued to walk the route to school in the dark.

I mean I used to walk this route before when I didn't have my motorcycle but it is so different in the dark it's somehow colder and so much lonelier.

I felt my body aching when I finally was infront of the school.

there wasn't a single light in any of the windows, I looked around to see if I saw any people but no one was around. Not even an old lady taking her dog out for a late night walk or some stupid alcoholist.

"Now, how am I supposed to get in school"

I said to myself in the dark.

I decided to try the front door just to be sure, but of course it was locked.

"Fuck!"

I said a bit loud that it echoed in the dark.

I sighed and was thinking about giving up. I looked at the ground and spotted a rock.

"Maybe I could throw...no no no you're going crazy dad would kill me...but do I really have a choice..."

I felt how a fever was kicking in and how my body was giving in to it.

I probably look like a mad person talking to myself in the dark, so i checked that no one were around and picked up the rock.

It was pretty heavy and would probably break the window if I just tossed it lightly.

I turned around and stoped giving it any second thought and was about to throw it but immediately stoped when I saw Gun standing on the other side of the glass, he opened the door staring at me.

"Shit! are you out of your mind, I could have hit you in the head."

I looked at him concered and felt calmer now when he was here.

It got quiet and awkward and he wouldn't take his eyes of me.

"What are you staring at?

I felt how I got Dizzy and how it was hard to stay still.

Gun didn't answer he just walked up to me and hugged me his arms struggling to reach around me.

I dropped the rock on the ground, I stopped feeling dizzy and for some reason I hugged him back.

He wasn't wet from the rain like me, his skin was soft and worm. I could feel him breating heavingly and slow.

Everything felt so good right here at the moment, I didn't feel cold anymore, I feel soft and worm. I hugged him tighter and I didn't wanna let go.

We stoped hugging when we heard a car behind us and a voice yelling.

My dad were in the car and my mom was standing beside it yelling at us to come to the car.

Gun's dad were sitting in the backseat so I had to sit in the middle with Gun on my left side and his dad on my right.

the drive was quiet and tense.

My hand touched Gun's hand a couple of times due to the closeness. And everytime we turned we would have to lean on each other and everytime it happened I could feel my heart beat faster.

"What is wrong with me" I thought to myself hoping that this drive would never end and that Gun would continue to lean on me. But we reached home and Emma was standing in the window waiting.