Chapter 1

There are times you feel the whole world is at your feet

 just by one person at your side,

And then there are times when you will feel lonely

 even amidst a crowd.

Mornings are the start of the day. Mornings, that bring new hopes in one's life with their first ray of sunshine. A morning can make a day or even break one. It can brighten the rest of your day. But what if, the sun doesn't rise, or doesn't shine with its usual brightness? Then, everything seems dull and dark. It just seems like an eclipse. The only difference is, that the natural eclipse stays only for a few minutes or hours. But when it comes to life, none knows when the sun will shine again. Will spread its glow and make everything around the beam with joy.

That is what Shivaay Singh Oberoi's morning looked like that day. It seemed dull. He had a very urgent meeting but did not really feel like going. He felt an ache deep inside his heart. An ache, that can consume his whole being and immerses him in an ocean of pain. He felt a sharp pain shooting right from his heart and numbing his whole body. No, his heart condition wasn't triggered. He knew, but he didn't know why he was feeling such a way. What was this? Why in his 33 years of life for the first time does he want to lock himself up and just... just leave everything? He placed his hand on his heart, trying to soothe it. But frankly, nothing worked. It was something as stubborn as him. It just will not leave him.

So, he got up, left his clothes, and changed himself in his regulars. Quickly dialing Mishra's number, he informed him to postpone the meeting anyhow. Cause, he had something urgent, very urgent to deal with at that moment.

With the phone call done, he threw it onto his bed and sat on the floor taking the support of the bed.

He just did not understand, what went wrong. And where? Why this sudden discomfort, this sudden ache. But, even after racking his brain, he could not find a reason. A reason tormenting enough to push himself off the business.

Feeling more irritated, he closed his eyes and threw his head back on the bed. There was just one pair of eyes that popped into his mind, and heart.

Those beautiful doe-shaped chocolate brown orbs. Eyes full of innocence, mischief, and...some mystery. A mystery that seems way out of his reach. He just can't stop getting curious to read those mysteries and unbox them. To keep them safe in his heart and lock them up until he reaches his grave. But, he is not so lucky.

It was him, who has ruined it all. For him, for her. Wasn't he committed? Already? To someone else? Then why this?

He got up in a hurry and opened his laptop. It was always better to immerse himself in work. Opening the mailbox, he tried to answer a few emails but stopped in the mid. All words started fading into each other like a kaleidoscope. Was he dizzy? No. He didn't feel anything as such. It was just his mind. Way too stubborn to co-operate with him. No, he couldn't concentrate. It was just not possible.

He went to his bed and lay there slipping under the quilt. Hoping to get the much-needed sleep that he couldn't have the earlier night. So he did just that. He Lay on the bed, closed his eyes, and tried to labor his breathing. Anything that lulls him into sleep. He needed it.

It was hardly 15 minutes, that he sat up and leaned onto the headrest. Sleep wasn't anywhere to find. His head was practically throbbing by then. Looking at his sides, he found the rain pouring on the glass, making it look so beautiful. He sighed, only if he had... hmm a coffee.

Now, with a steaming brew in his hand, he sat on his bed again. A novel held securely in the other hand. A novel he really never thought of reading, Romeo Juliet. The novel that used to seem cringe to him, felt nice. Suddenly, he felt his heart wishing to be as lucky as Romeo. To be looked at that way or to be loved by her. But... that was not possible. She... was with someone else now. She might be happy. With him.

Anyway, he doesn't deserve that fairy. She is way too sweet, delicate, and soft. A flower that bloomed. So fresh and refreshing. A flower that makes anyone happy, just in a glance. What was he when compared to that happiness? Nothing. His arrogance can never stand out before her purity. His attitude will ruin her innocence. His inner beast will only ruin her angel.

He can never do that, to her. His angle. If he has to send her away to protect her peace, he will do it. Happily.

But then, why was he crying? Why were his tears not listening to him? He needed to calm down. He needed a cure for this craving. So, he went and opened his phone. Opening his secret Instagram account, he went to her profile.

And, he smiled. A smile gives away his happiness just seeing her face but also the ache of not having her as his. He just stared at her face. That perfect smile, those pearl white teeth behind her lips, and those twinkling eyes.

How he wish, he was the reason for this smile. But, he wasn't so lucky. How he wishes... But he knew one more thing...

Everything that you wish, can't come true.

He just wants her to be happy, at any cost. Even if that means masking his love and staying apart from her.

He will do it, for her...

For Annika, His Annika...

Jee mein aata hai tere daaman mein

Sar jhuka ke hum rote rahe, rote rahe

Jee mein aata hai tere daaman mein

Sar jhuka ke hum rote rahe, rote rahe

Teri hi aankhon me aansuon ki nami to nahi

Tere bina zindagi se koi shikwa to nahin

Shikwa nahi, shikwa nahi.. shikwa nahi