// i don't have a title yet //

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Book of Murder happened before the Campania, right? Also, please suggest a title for this chapter! 

Also, I know I said I was going to include Zephyr, but I've decided against it. Maybe I'll add him in later on in the series, just not right now. 

Remember the rest of them don't know that Claude is a drinker as well. Only Sebastian does. So the fact that Baldroy's getting drunk isn't exactly favorable with the ailing demon, and everything is reminding him of something that happened years ago with Claude...

<3

"Hey, what about everyone else? What should I tell them?" Baldroy asked.

"Tell them we're taking Sebastian to the hospital." Ciel responded. "It's up to you to watch over the manor until we return."

"Roger." Baldroy went back inside. Ciel hoped that the manor would still be in one piece when they got back. Whenever that would be. He could smell alcohol and ash on Baldroy's breath. The last thing they needed was for him to be drinking when he needed to be on gaurd protecting the manor, just like the other servants. 

"And no more drinking." Ciel added. "You four have an important job tonight while we're away." They didn't see much of the Real Tanaka these days, but Ciel still considered him a servant. After all, he had been around when Vincent and Rachel were still alive, and it would be rude to dismiss all that hard work just because Tanaka was older. 

Baldroy nodded. "What time should we expect you guys back?"

Ciel looked up at Sebastian. 

"I'm not sure. Perhaps tomorrow morning if they choose to keep me overnight for observation." Sebastian responded. 

"Roger that." Baldroy repeated, then went back to the couch, where he picked up the bourbon he had been drinking. He proceeded to the kitchen and put it away. Ciel, Sebastian, and Dr. Pagete left. 

<3

Once the trio was gone, Baldroy sat back on the couch and recalled the conversation he had heard earlier between the doctor and Sebastian, when Sebastian had brought up the possibility of a miscarriage. It wasn't Sebastian bringing the topic up that had confused him, it was in the way he said it. 

Again

Like he had gone through it before. 

Baldroy was still trying to wrap his head around the concept that a male was pregnant. Now he had evidence pointing to the fact that not only was Sebastian really pregnant and at risk for a miscarriage, but he had gone through one before. 

He couldn't believe it, didn't want to believe that their nearly infallable butler had gone through something so awful. His sister had lost a child at the beginning, and he had comforted her as she moved through the grieving process. Everyone around them was affected by the grief, himself included. 

He hated losing people. 

He had lost all his men - his comrades - in the war. So many brave, determined men who had put their lives on the line - dead. 

And there were a few close calls where he thought he would lose the people he had come to think of as his friends. The people he worked with in the manor. 

The young master had been kidnapped early on, and Sebastian had returned with his clothing in tatters - Ciel was bruised up as well. They had found Sebastian coughing up a bullet a few hours later, which reminded Baldroy of his time in the war.

Then there was the murder case, where they had discovered Sebastian run through with a fireplace poker after discovering a few other of their guests had been murdered as well. For the longest time, they had been convinced Sebastian was dead, even going so far as to appoint Tanaka as the butler in Sebastian's absence. 

It had all turned out to be a ruse in the end, another one of the young master's well-thought out schemes, and they had dug up Sebastian. 

But the farthest Baldroy had seen Sebastian fall was in the aftermath of the Campania. The butler had recovered from their previous cases with an almost inhuman ease, shaking off the injuries he sustained like they didn't bother him.

He didn't 'bounce back' from the Campania.

Baldroy and the others had to take over for some of Sebastian's more taxing duties around the manor as his injury healed, but they still found Sebastian coughing up blood. He tried to do it in places where they wouldn't find him, such as behind the greenhouse, but it didn't work. 

It had taken forever compared to everything else. It seemed like as soon as he was completely healed from that injury, he was saddled with the responsibility and symptoms of carrying a child. 

"He never gets a break." Baldroy muttered to himself, turning the news on again. "If it's not the kid he has to deal with, it's us. We haven't really made it easy for him, have we?" Which made him feel guilty. 

<3

This is it for right now. I'm going to post them going to Corvus in another chapter.

Oh, and -> If you're in a place with coronavirus, please be careful! I'm in Colorado, and they isolated/quarantined someone who had been to Wuhan for fear of the virus, AND they had to cancel the Chinese New Year celebration! Fun fact: we were going to go to the celebration, but ended up not, because we found out it cost. I'm glad we didn't.

Please be careful - this virus is associated with death and SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Sickness). If you have any sort of flu-like symptoms, please get them checked out!

I don't want to lose my readers!