chapter

Hi everyone. I'm really sorry. I got caught up in everything else. It feels great to be back writing for you guys again, though. I'm sorry if the writing style has changed.

Don't you just love finding old typos? Embarrassing. 

<3

A few minutes later, they reached the Undertaker's office. One of the letters was sideways, and the whole place looked as gloomy as always. 

"Well, we're here." 

"That we are. Do you want to go inside or knock first?"

Ciel debated. Something was telling him to knock first, which was unusual. He had always just walked in. 

"I'll knock." He raised one gloved hand and made three quick knocks on the door. "Undertaker? Are you in?"

There was no response. Ciel put his ear up to the door, and knocked again. He could vaguely hear a sound from inside, but couldn't quite tell what it was. 

"My lord, perhaps he's busy?"

"I hear him inside. Perhaps he's busy talking to another dead body."

"We could leave him a note." Sebastian suggested. 

"If he's talking to another dead body, he wouldn't mind talking to us." Ciel listened in again. "But it doesn't quite sound like that..."

"What does it sound like?" Sebastian walked over, then put his ear up to the door like Ciel had before. He listened in for a few seconds before pulling away. "I think we should come back later, my lord. He's rather busy."

"Busy doing what?"

"Something we shouldn't be interfering in." Before Ciel could ask what Sebastian meant, there were footsteps at the door. It opened, revealing Undertaker. With a red mark on his scarred neck.

"Milord, sorry to keep you waiting! I had a living customer, and...well..-" Undertaker floundered, waving his hands. "You could say I got a little carried away! Please, come in."

"I'd say you certainly did get carried away." Sebastian remarked. 

"Even my old heart can beat for someone!" Undertaker chuckled. As they walked into the office, Ciel saw someone they had met during the last case. Blond hair and a cowlick. 

"Ronald Knox?" Ciel asked. 

"That's me!" Ronald got off of the coffin he had been sitting on and adjusted his outfit. Ciel was beginning to piece together what had happened here. His stomach turned. "Now I'm gonna get going, Ade, unless you'd like me to stay."

"It's up to you, really!" Undertaker had disappeared into the back room. 

"Ade?" Ciel raised an eyebrow. Now that was a new one. 

Undertaker returned, carrying his urn-shaped container of cookies. 

"I apologize, milord, I didn't have time to make a new batch of cookies. I have these, though." He tapped his long, black fingernails against the container. 

"No, thank you." 

"Master butler?"

"I shall pass as well."

Ronald left. The door swung shut, causing the windchime to jingle again.

"How have you been, master butler? It's been a month already." Undertaker picked a bone-shaped cookie out of the urn and began to eat it. "I honestly should have booked an appointment earlier to check up on you." He mumbled with his mouth full. Typical Undertaker.