Guys, for real now...

So I was scrolling through some discussions I had made on another site, and stumbled across chapter two of My Mistake. And I was stunned.

Because guess what? The date said I had made that discussion two years ago. 

Two.

Years.

My Mistake is two years old. It's almost a toddler. 

And you guys have been with me every step of the way. 

From the first chapter I hurriedly posted to all the ones that followed, even when I took breaks from the story that were far too long, you guys were there in your support. Whether it was commenting on the chapters, or adding it to your favorites, my heart swelled with pride and happiness that my simple fanfiction was being read by so many people. 

What is it about my story that so many people love? 

Is it because it's a Kuroshitsuji fanfiction? Is it because it's m-preg? Is there something else? 

Well, whatever it is, it's endured throughout the two years this story has been up. 

This story has 4.9K views. That's 4,970 views. More than it was the last time I logged on, and far more than I ever could have imagined. And now 183 favorites. 

I feel like I'm watching a child grow up, you know?

I raised it from a little child, and it's grown and matured and changed so much. The writing style has changed. The ideas I had change and flow like the orbs in a lava lamp. I look back and I see plot holes in my stories, but I know to change them would be to change what has been standing for so long. What stood the test of time, and was the foundation for this story. I can't do that to you. I don't want to change the words. 

Thank you.

Thank you guys all so much. 

This story has been up for two years, and it has amassed amazing stats - because of you guys. This story would be nothing without you all. It's been up for this long. It's taken this long to write up the 20-odd-some chapters. And it will have plenty more before the story is even finished. Maybe 40, who knows. Just know I will always keep you guys in mind, and I'll try not to desert it again like I have in the past. It frustrates me when I do that.

Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you everyone for loving my little story so much. I'm about to cry now, actually. Tears are welling up and I'm smiling like an idiot. 

-Catherine. 

EDIT: My Mistake is now three years old because it's now 2020