Chapter 3 - Slightly Remembering

(WARNING: THIS IS UNEDITED)
Chap three :) Enjoy! :)

***

CHAPTER 3 - Slightly Remembering

I woke up from the loud engines of the trucks outside the house and several loud knocks of my door.

"LUCE, GET UP! THE TRUCKS ARE HERE! GET YOUR THINGS DOWN! IT'S MOVING DAY!" It's Landon's voice from outside my door.

But instead of getting up, I covered my whole body with the blanket and covered my ears from the knocks and engines.

I mean, are truck engines really that noisy? They could wake the whole neighborhood for crying out loud!

 Thankfully, in a matter of seconds it stopped. But just when I thought I could go back to a peaceful sleep and forget this moving thing, Landon breaks in my room.

"C'mon, Get up. Get up Get up Get up." He patted my leg.

I groaned and slightly kicked his hands off.

"Go Away." I said under my blanket.

"What?"

"Go away!"

"What?"

Oh no. Not this again! I thought knowing what Landon was doing.

"GO AWAY LANDON!"

"What?"

 He does this whenever I don't get up from bed which is really, really annoying.................... And effective.

"Okay! Fine! I'm up! Damn it!" I finally burst out of my blanket.

"There you go!" He said grinning widely.

"I love you Landon but sometimes you are such an asshole."

"I know and I love you too lil' sis" He still has that grin in his face. "Breakfast will be in ten minutes" he says and started to head out. "And your girls is here" he finished just before he close the door.

I stood up lazily and head to the bathroom and took a warm morning shower. After that I grabbed the clothes I prepared last night for today which was a white T-shirt that has a crown drawn in the middle of it, blue jeans and my flat sandals. I brushed my teeth, hair dried my hair and put some very light make-up on before going downstairs.

When we finished pancake breakfast, with the girls and the two truck drivers, I went back to my room and grabbed my boxes to the truck. Brenda and Karen also helped while Mae just nagged about me dumping Eric yesterday. She keeps telling me that I wasted the opportunity to actually go out with him and finally have my first boyfriend.

"Mae, that won't even make sense. Can’t you see? I am moving! Tell me, how can I have a relationship with someone who is a hundred miles away from me?" I stared at her with my brow raised after I place the last box to the truck.

I figured she's still processing her answer so I just started to walk back to the house.

"You could always do a long distance relationship?" her statement came out more of like as a question.

"No. Just… no. Mae, we all know that won’t ever work with Lucy.” Brenda butted in.

Karen and I nodded to Mae’s direction.

She made a deep sigh, "Fine."

While waiting, they sat at the couch in the living room while I headed back to my bedroom.