Chapter 2 - How They're Left Hanging

(WARNING: THIS IS UNEDITED)
Heyeers! It's me again! :) I guess this is quite a little late update but here it is! :) Vote and Comment? ^^ Happy reading!

***

CHAPTER 2 - How They're Left Hanging

"Seriously? Your moving? Tomorrow? Like really no turning back?" Brenda's voice is the mixture of sadness, surprised and disbelief.

Although I'd love to say that I'm just kidding and it’s all one big fat joke, I didn't, I couldn't, instead I nod lousily.

"Luce that's like -" Karen snaps her fingers "this fast" she stated exaggeratedly but somewhat as a matter-of-factly.

"Yeah Luce, I mean yesterday we were like - "

1 - 2 - 3. I mentally count to brace myself from Mae's glib talking, Go.

" - having fun here and you were like messin' with whoever it was that was messin with us and we were eating ice cream at the mall and went shopping, although you didn’t exactly enjoyed  it but hey you love us anyway, and laughed like idiots at this exact location we're located now and ..." she stops.

"Mae! She gets the point!" Mae catches her breath when Brenda butted in, stopping her.

Thank God for Brenda! I thought to myself.

They both continued to argue, Mae defending herself and Brenda stating her point. As I watch them, I crack a smile.

"I'm so gonna miss you guys!" I blurted out all of the sudden. They stopped and faced me, smiles slowly happening in their faces.

"Awe! We too! We too!" Karen jumped up and down to her seat as if she's a 5 year old who also wants ice cream.

"We can still text each other or call or Skype, right?" Brenda said suggestively, enlightening the mood. "We can't lose contact" she added firmly.

"Yeah, it's not like I'm gonna die or something. I'm just gonna move to another place. I can even visit you guys whenever I'll have time or it can be the other way around." I responded and I can see their faces lit up.

"There! Problem settled! Let's just have some damn fun before she leaves tomorrow." Mae stood up saying this as if she owns the cafeteria. We looked up to her, with weird looks. There she was the geeky glib girl of the school standing there as if she's the queen bee.

I love these girls. I thought, shaking my head as I took a sip of my orange juice.

"And Eric is Lucy's secret crush!" She screamed, teasing me, just enough to let half of the people hear. I almost spat the orange juice that I'm sipping. My eyes widen and I gasp which made me choke to my almost death. I pulled her down to her seat as soon as I recovered. I wanted to be buried to deepest part of the earth right now! I mean, damn! I have a reputation to protect. I’m not supposed to have this petty crushes but then again I’m a girl and you can’t blame me the guy is H.O.T.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I manage to squeak at her, my hands still on her shirt.

"What? It's your last day at school. It's not like you’re gonna see him every day again." she replied, shrugging whilst taking her seat.

What is wrong with her? Is she high? Although I know that she's against drugs.

They started giggling then laughed and I just can't help myself but join.

 Oh well, I guess its secret crush no more.

***