25

The light was hitting directly on Emily's face, as she was laying down next to Kol

The light was hitting directly on Emily's face, as she was laying down next to Kol. The girl had forgotten for a moment, about the events that had taken place the day before. She was caught up in how comfortable she was feeling around the warmth that was surrounding her. 

"Good morning," A voice spoke behind Emily. 

When Emily turned her head, she saw that it was Kol. Then, like a splash of water, she remembered everything from yesterday. The rollercoaster of emotions, her mother, the Mikaelson family vowing to help her, and the way that Kol spoke about her around his family. 

The mere presence of Kol would usually make her feel tense, but she was too comfortable to pay attention to her actions. 

"Good morning Kol," Emily responded sleepily. 

Kol had deemed this as the most adorable sight that he had ever seen. She looked like a kitten, a sleepy kitten, but still a kitten. Though she would always be his angel, that would never change.

"Are you feeling better now?" Kol asked out of concern for the girl. 

He was concerned about Emily's mental state, yesterday must have been a strain on her. Kol could never know the full extent of her emotional pain, but he wanted to be someone who would take care of her, and help her through her rollercoaster of emotions. 

"Yeah," Emily responded quietly. 

She was still incredibly sleepy, even though the sun was out, and Kol had found it endearing.

"Sleep Emily, you need it," Kol stated. 

He wanted her to be at full capacity, or at least until she would be able to function like a normal human being. 

"But I do not need it," Emily replied. 

She was somewhat frustrated by the way that Kol was treating her, almost as though she was a child. He was treating her as though she was going to break at any moment, and that had frustrated her to no end. 

"Angel, I am only saying this for your own good," Kol responded. 

To be honest, he had never been in a position like this, in which he was arguing over a girl for more sleep. Usually, there were 

"Well I do not care at the moment, I need to put any and all energy that I have into protecting myself from the coven that is trying to take me away from New Orleans," Emily responded. 

She viewed time now as a thing that could not be wasted, and it was true that she needed to be ready to protect herself from the ongoing threat. 

"Okay," Kol replied with a sigh. 

Both of them had gotten up, and as Kol was going to go get ready for the day, Emily had left Kol's room. Her thoughts causing the girl to not pay attention to anything else. 

Now that her mother had come, she needs to be prepared for anything. There was no point in trying to deny the inevitable, Emily's worst fear was coming into the light, and there was nothing that she could do about it.