Last Day Of High School

Luna Arrowood

Luna: The name of the Roman goddess of the moon, Luna is derived straight from the Latin word for moon, luna. Luna's divine complement is Sol, the god of the Sun. In Roman art, Luna is often depicted driving a chariot.

 In Roman art, Luna is often depicted driving a chariot

Name Luna Arrowood, Age, well I'm 17. Life? I don't know. I go to Bel Air Prep and well, I try to be the perfect daughter I can be to my parents. It was the last Day of bel air prep and just like any other rich kid i was being sent off to college after graduation.

No breaks, No time for myself and I have to do the major my parents want me to do.

My dad was a doctor and also had his own car rental company while my mom was a lawyer and just recently opened a spa.

My mom's parents wanted her to be a lawyer. Same for my dad while they just wanted to do their own things like just open their businesses and be normal.

And well for me, my dad and mom decided that law would be the best thing for me. Apparently

I just let it be, it doesn't sound so bad but hey, i guess i will chase my dreams while i do what they want me to do. I guess they did the same, although once upon a time they told me that i was able to decide on what i wanted to be when i get older but, they had forgotten, like always.

The bell rang which caused me to zone back into reality. I groaned and headed to my locker. I emptied my locker and started to get sad.

"Hey girly" my best friend Pocahontas said to me.

Pocahontas, yes literally her name. Her mom was obsessed with that movie so she named her that. Her dad didn't want to but complied with it because after all, Pocahontas was getting his last name. He didn't budge and he accepted it.

"My bitch," i said to her hugging her to death. Unlike any other story where best friends meet at first grade or whatever, i met Pocahontas when i was a junior. We kept to ourselves and never spoken to people.

Although Pocahontas is beyond gorgeous and you'd think she is a popular girl, she wasnt. Just like me.

The friendship started when I was waiting for my parents to get me. It was a late evening after school and apparently her parents supposed to get her too.

That same day i found out she lived like 3 houses away from me. We both walked home that day and bonded. After that, it was like we were inseparable.

Our parents became friends with each other after i started to invite Pocahontas over and it became a happy family.

——————

"You're excited to go off to college with a boss?" She questioned and i rolled my eyes.

Sadly, our parents were the same but what i founded weird is why they want us to be lawyers so bad.

"Kinda, you dont find it's weird that they want us both be lawyers??"  I said as i headed to her car. I left mines at home because Pocahontas told me to.

"Yes, i know you peeped the same thing, I know we are capable of choosing our own majors or whatnot but damn."

"Thats what you think it is, not my parents, though at one point they were gonna let me choose what i wanted to be but regardless. I'm still gonna chase my dreams though" I said scrolling through social media.

"Being a model or music or art? Or dance?"

"All of them hopefully. Let us hope we get into UCLA, that was we can do another major without them knowing "

"You think we could do double majors without them knowing?" She questioned stopping at a red light.

"Law and dance? thats a thing?"

"Yes law and dance and i really dont know honestly"

Yes, Pocahontas wanted to be a dancer and when i heard about it i was excited as shit. When my parents asked me what I wanted to be they were extremely disappointed.

And literally my dreams were crushed. Pocahontas knows about my secret life. I literally go and do races with cars and bring in a little dough. My aunty knows about it because she came to the bank with me one time so i can create a bank account. To this day my parents don't know about that.

Pocahontas and I just want to be great. We wanna do great things, besides dance even wanted to do makeup. But yet again, parents.

I am so glad i won't be seeing them for a while. It's good to get a break from them.

"What are we doing later"

"I don't know, you wanna go to a party?"

"You know we dont have enough friends for that," she said and I sighed.

"You know they dont like us," i said jokingly.

"And you right about that."

We got out of the car and headed inside her house. A scent of BBQ chicken and fries hit us as we entered my humble home.

"Y'all can help yall selves, there is BBQ ribs, chicken, pork, yall know what to do" Pocahontas mom serenity said.

I love her name, ever since i heard it. My mom waltz out of nowhere and I was confused.

"You wasnt at work?"

"Yeah i was but i finished my case today, early too," she said kissing my cheeks.

"Mom since its the last day of school basically, Pocahontas and I are going out tonight?" it came out like a question than more like I'm telling her that am going.

"sure dear, you guys can go, only after you guys open these" she held up what looked like acceptance letters. Honestly let's see how this turns out.

"i got accepted to Stanford guyssssss" Pocahontas said with excitement.

I opened mine and I saw that I got accepted to Stanford. I didn't apply for Stanford though, my parents always pull these kinds of stunts. Not that i wanted to get away from Pocahontas or anything but she and I applied for the same school, which wasnt Stanford. We wanted to go to UCLA.

I know she just faked her expression to make them feel good, Damn my parents are really making want to leave more and more.

"yay, I got in Stanford also," I said kind of sad. They didn't pay it no mind but they just congratulate us.

oh, Happy Day.

————————